Who will be your team's whipping boy this year?

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Who will the fans turn on this year on your team? For the leafs I’m going to guess ceci. Leaf fans love to bash defensemen and now that gardiner and zaitsev are gone, ceci will probably get the honour

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If he's around for another whirl, Vlad Sobotka is pretty much the bane of all existence from casual fans to stat guys to diehards, young and old alike. He's not well liked.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Bryan Rust or Jake Guentzel. They'll take more than their shame of blame whenever the team goes through a rough patch.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Justin Braun is the most likely candidate for the Flyers. Most fans feel they overpaid for him (2nd and 3rd) and at his age and play style, there's a decent chance he is the least effective defensemen on the team.

Reactions: Devonator

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Matthew Tkachuk. (No different than Gaudreau/Nylander after extending, things will be normal again after this season criticism wise)

Johnny Gaudreau (Why doesn't he find an extra gear and outperform CMD/Kucherov and drag us to the cup Finals?)

Reactions: Devonator

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think we stay with Turris for the Preds. It's not entirely his fault. He is what he is. He's got some skills and in the right situation can probably score 50-60 pts. Last year he struggled with injuries and hasn't really found linemates he meshes well with yet in Nashville. And he does need his linemates to carry some of the load for him. But now that we have Duchene the odds of Turris finding a spot where he's able to produce in our lineup get dicey. One of them could switch to wing. I don't think Duchene wants to. And I don't think Turris would be a very good winger. If he's on a lower line and doesn't get PP time he could be looking at an underwhelming statistical season again - this time without the valid injury excuse. In which case we'll look even more askance at his $6M contract. He just doesn't do enough other things in the game to make up for lowered production.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Magic Mitch.

Not unless he sits out the year, he could get paid too much and underperform his contract and he'll still be too much of a good Canadian boy to get much heat. On the other hand, Nylander could get 70 points and half the fanbase will still hate him for not being Wendel Clarke.

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad