Who will be this year’s Kerfoot?

Who will be this year’s Kerfoot?

• Total voters

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Bura was a whipping boy at the Caps, can't see why he won't be with the Avs. I hope he can get his game going finally, but I won't bet a coin on it.

could be Nuke too, but I guess he will be waived mid-season so not long enough to surpass Bura.

depending on how things shape up on D, some AHLer may play too many games and make Bura a run for his money. but I'm praying this won't happen. dear God, not again, plz.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I voted Jost. I'm not sold he's going to live up to our high expectations of him, mainly because I think he'll struggle to find a rhythm on the second line with Kadri and bounce between the second and third line a lot.

People still have high expectations of Jost?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
People still have high expectations of Jost?
Maybe no, but most around here have him penciled into the lineup as a second line wing with Kadri or centering the third line. That's enough for us to turn on him midseason and scapegoat him unfairly if he doesn't do well.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Be nice not to hate anyone on on our team

I'd say Bura probably has the highest probability of being Kerfoot.

As a fan base we are far more invested in Jost and EJ though. Except for maybe a few people who are really mad about that second and third round pick.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Honestly though it’s probably Jost. He’s the most likely “play killer” with his over handling the puck on the walls and his lack of quickness and strength to ever actually fool anyone with his spin/reverse move.

I hated Kerfoot because he constantly killed momentum. I think Jost is the most likely player to fill that void.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Burakovsky and it’s not even close.

Yeah, not even I am a big enough hipster to suggest anyone but Bura for this. We'll hate on others like EJ, Nuke, Wilson, & dumb-penalty-Cole; but Bura seems like he'll be the most egregious cross-section of opportunities & under-performance...and he won't have the history/nostalgia that EJ has to shelter him from some of the criticism his play warrants.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
is this a common view of EJ these days? i know hes not a #1d anymore but hes still a solid top 4 guy and the best defensive d man the avs have and its really not even that close....

Is he really though...or do you just have fond memories of when he used to be?

Even if we assume he bounces back from last season, he'll have plenty of work to do to make either of those statements true.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
EJ is getting underrated nowadays. He is at minimum top four defenseman and was that last year too.

He wasn't a top 4 blueliner for a lot more of last season than he was :dunno:

He started the season extremely poorly and was hot garbage down the stretch. I'm not saying that he didn't have that month or two in the middle of season...after Girard figured out that he needed to be the one who hung back & covered for EJ, but before EJ's own performances went into the gutter.

And even if we give him a mulligan for that awful play due to injury; that's not exactly the most encouraging argument for his performances moving forward. Since it's not like age has a tendency to bolster healthy & durability, especially when we're discussing someone who was injury-prone even when he was in his physical prime :dunno:

Reactions: missionAvs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bura for sure. I don't think he'll be horrible, but very polarizing
I admit I am probably going to bash him and that's because the most frustrating aspect of his game is that he NEVER capitalises on the chances he gets. For every goal he will score, he will miss at least five golden opportunities.

He wasn't a top 4 blueliner for a lot more of last season than he was :dunno:
When it really counted though he was playing injured. Now I am not trying to give him a pass for the entire season, but I do have some compassion towards him that I do not have to Corefoot and others...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I admit I am probably going to bash him and that's because the most frustrating aspect of his game is that he NEVER capitalises on the chances he gets. For every goal he will score, he will miss at least five golden opportunities.

When it really counted though he was playing injured. Now I am not trying to give him a pass for the entire season, but I do have some compassion towards him that I do not have to Corefoot and others...

Was he injured at the start of the season too? Cause he didn't only struggle when injured down the stretch...and again, injury-prone-ness doesn't tend to get better with age.

I certainly have a lot more compassion towards EJ than I did BDK, but I'm just talking about his play, not how much I like him. I love Zads a lot more than I do Mikko and even more than I do MacK, ya know?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
My guess is that any player not named MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, or Makar (I have high hopes) will be the whipping boy at some point or another, some more than others. Even MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen and Makar will likely be bashed by posters at some point.

Let's be honest about the nature of things on these boards.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was he injured at the start of the season too? Cause he didn't only struggle when injured down the stretch...and again, injury-prone-ness doesn't tend to get better with age.

I certainly have a lot more compassion towards EJ than I did BDK, but I'm just talking about his play, not how much I like him. I love Zads a lot more than I do Mikko and even more than I do MacK, ya know?
I get you and it seems that this topic is only about EJ, but we've also had players beyond him struggle for portions of the season too! Our ex-golden boy Barrie was really bad for at least 1/3 of the season, but he seems to get a pass because simply because he's Barrie and when you bash him you're seen as a "hater". Mikko played drunk in some parts of the season too. I would say that Girard and Landeskog were our two most consistent forwards last season if you obviously exclude MacKinnon. So I am trying to put on a facade and say that EJ wasn't the only one who played terrible for the entire year.

Reactions: flyfysher

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I get you and it seems that this topic is only about EJ, but we've also had players beyond him struggle for portions of the season too! Our ex-golden boy Barrie was really bad for at least 1/3 of the season, but he seems to get a pass because simply because he's Barrie and when you bash him you're seen as a "hater". Mikko played drunk in some parts of the season too. I would say that Girard and Landeskog were our two most consistent forwards last season if you obviously exclude MacKinnon. So I am trying to put on a facade and say that EJ wasn't the only one who played terrible for the entire year.

It's not about having 1 down stretch, it's about being a liability for most of the season and only having 1 stretch of capable play that was half as long as the time he spent struggling :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I never hated Kerfoot. He was just not good enough to do what was asked of him. Not his fault. Considering he came as a free agent and was on an ELC, I would say we got a lot for the money spent.

It's not like Avs paid him $3.5M/year for four years or anything.

To answer the question, I would guess Ian "Hips don't lie" Cole might be in for stormy weather.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If you're big, soft and don't produce that's begging for hate. So our 2 reclamation projects are in line.

One of them will get a hat trick in the first game just to get our hopes up.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Kerfoot was outstanding and my second favourite player on the team last season .

Hated the criticisms aimed at him.

2 seasons in the league only. No wonder The Leafs gave him a payday.

Wish he wasn't part of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->