Who will be the steal of the draft?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Is there a major flaw with his game? I heard skating or hockey sense really lacks.

Leo we forgot Forsberg who I think is another dub player will surprise a lot of people in the NHL as a really good shutdown guy, Douglas Murray type.

Yes, I like Forsberg.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Lucas Lessio.
He seems like a guy who once gets settled into the NHL level and playing with older stronger guys; he will strive.

Look for a BIG break out year in the O next year. Whoever drafts him, will be getting every last penny of talent....If they let him develop properly.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
At least one of Strome and Couturier is going to drop out of the top three, and at 4 or later, both are steals.

Rocco Grimaldi is the most talented player in the draft but will likely be taken outside the top ten, so he'll be a steal too.

The most offensively gifted D you've never heard of is Joey Laleggia, and he'll be a steal if he's drafted.

J-G Pageau is a gamer who was dominant in the playoffs, but his lack of size will cause him to slide.

Stefan Noesen was a horse all year and took his game up a notch in the playoffs and he's probably going to go in the mid-2nd round at the earliest.

Stu Percy is a safe pick. He'll be a 2nd pairing D in the NHL in the mold of a Darryl Sydor, but he'll go in the mid to late 2nd.

Shane McColgan is going to go late because of his size and because he was a bit disappointing this year, but he's got first round talent and the ability to play both RW and RD.

Jaycob Megna is a pretty safe bet to make the league as at least a 3rd pairing defensive D. Smart, coachable, NHL size.

A lot of guys are going to drop due to their size, and you'll see a couple gems emerge. Austin Czarnik, Cole Bardreau, Reid Boucher, Sam Mellor, Seth Griffith and Dylan Wruck are some key names there. Perhaps the most interesting is Lino Martschni. Very gifted, but he's an inch shorter and 40lbs lighter than Rocco Grimaldi.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
A lot of guys are going to drop due to their size, and you'll see a couple gems emerge. Austin Czarnik, Cole Bardreau, Reid Boucher, Sam Mellor, Seth Griffith and Dylan Wruck are some key names there. Perhaps the most interesting is Lino Martschni. Very gifted, but he's an inch shorter and 40lbs lighter than Rocco Grimaldi.

He is 5'5 125/130lbs. He might go in the 7th round but prob goes undrafted, he does have some great skill though

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
He is 5'5 125/130lbs. He might go in the 7th round but prob goes undrafted, he does have some great skill though

Yep, his size is absurd when you realize that Grimaldi is 5'6" ~165lbs, which is tiny as it is. Martschni is considerably smaller. You're right, I doubt he ends up being drafted, but I would love to see him get an opportunity.

As much as I love hitting and physicality, I'd love to see what a Grimaldi-Pageau-McColgan line could do.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The answer to this question is very easy: According to hf, the steals of the draft will be those that fall on draft day compared to their rankings.

NiklasF

Apr 15, 2009
Rask! Best thing for him would be to move to North America so he's mother can't ***** up hes career more. If this happens he gonna be a steal!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->