Speculation: Who will be the next radio 'Voice of the Bruins'?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bob Wilson was THE king! I still miss the way he bellowed with his deep pipes. He had a way better voice than the Garden organ. I remember that before the B's game for years they would play a riff from a Chicago song (can't remember which one). It was the kind of opening that put chills up and down your spine! (Fenway/Kevin) I'll bet you can remember it?
No absolutely NOT to Tom Caron, Ditto to Dale (daisies, sunshine and butterflies) Arnold. Duthie?? I guess so but Bartlett sounds like Montreal so NO to him too. There was a guy who did a preseason game or two a few years back but I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I ended up in a discussion with him on Facebook I believe. He was a natural at it and was a very cordial guy. He invited my wife and I to (I beleive) it was a Providence Bruins game but we had to decline. If I can find our or remenber his name I'll be back with it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bob Wilson was THE king! I still miss the way he bellowed with his deep pipes. He had a way better voice than the Garden organ. I remember that before the B's game for years they would play a riff from a Chicago song (can't remember which one). It was the kind of opening that put chills up and down your spine! (Fenway/Kevin) I'll bet you can remember it?
No absolutely NOT to Tom Caron, Ditto to Dale (daisies, sunshine and butterflies) Arnold. Duthie?? I guess so but Bartlett sounds like Montreal so NO to him too. There was a guy who did a preseason game or two a few years back but I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I ended up in a discussion with him on Facebook I believe. He was a natural at it and was a very cordial guy. He invited my wife and I to (I beleive) it was a Providence Bruins game but we had to decline. If I can find our or remenber his name I'll be back with it.

So few tapes of Bob Wilson exist it is maddening. WBZ Radio threw them all away 20 years ago because they were not considered newsworthy.

Here is one clip from 1978 - Wilson play by play - Bob Lobel on color

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Shame Goucher is going I really liked him the little bit I do listen to them in the car on the radio.. Not sure who would be a good replacement would be tho...

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
So few tapes of Bob Wilson exist it is maddening. WBZ Radio threw them all away 20 years ago because they were not considered newsworthy.

Here is one clip from 1978 - Wilson play by play - Bob Lobel on color

Man, so many nights as a kid listening to that voice fading in and out through static on my bedroom radio, an old heavy Philco Ford pressed directly to my ear.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He would love it. Big Bruins Fan but his bias wouldn't show through.

I know Jack Edwards has seen his work and I think has provided some guidance.

that would be nice, I think you may have posted a clip of his work and he was great, what a thrill it would be for Reed too. Wonder if he`s handed in those clips, hope so

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
that would be nice, I think you may have posted a clip of his work and he was great, what a thrill it would be for Reed too. Wonder if he`s handed in those clips, hope so

I know he's putting together a collection to send in. He will take a run at the position. That much I can guarantee you. Besides hockey, he also does wrestling, football and some MMA. He's capable of crossing over a variety of sports which bodes well for him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know he's putting together a collection to send in. He will take a run at the position. That much I can guarantee you. Besides hockey, he also does wrestling, football and some MMA. He's capable of crossing over a variety of sports which bodes well for him.

I didn`t know he did all those other sports. I know him only as well as one can listening to you guys on the 3 Amigos and he sure knows his stuff. Fingers crossed for him

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I wish him the best of luck.

One harsh reality is for a Canadian getting a US work visa in a short period of time. There is a lot more red tape today.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Just please no idiot who has to go with obscure peanut butter references everytime a goal is scored. And no dennis potvin or glen healey idiots either

Honestly i really really really have enjoyed brickley and beers now. I can handle edwards. Arnold was ok... gauch never bothered me

I dont want an announcer that attempts to be the star... just call the game and ill be fine

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Hope reeder leaves it all on the table. Could be such a great opportunity for him. He researches like crazy, too. Passion really shines through. Go reeder go

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Just please no idiot who has to go with obscure peanut butter references everytime a goal is scored. And no dennis potvin or glen healey idiots either

Honestly i really really really have enjoyed brickley and beers now. I can handle edwards. Arnold was ok... gauch never bothered me

I dont want an announcer that attempts to be the star... just call the game and ill be fine

And don't be a screamer....

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I like Dale, I feel like some don't though.

Whats Tom Caron up to?

Tom Caron is a POS ******* who's so bad at his job he can't get out of the NESN market. He so desperately wants to be the big man on campus and he's awful. No. No. No. I wasn't able to stand watching Friday night college hockey with the sound on because of the grating of his awful voice. It will be horrible being forced to listen to it for B's games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad