Who will be the next Jacket to have the number retired ?

Who is going into the rafters ?

• #71 Nick Foligno

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • #38 Boone Jenner

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • #72 Sergei Bobrovsky

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • #8 Zach Werenski

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • #13 Cam Atkinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another player retired / playing somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another player on current roster

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Nobody in the near future

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
My gut reaction was ... did Bob even play here long enough? Then I checked and he spent 7 years here. Nash is only 9. So f*** it, why not?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yep and none of these players numbers should be retired. You can't fake history, get good, win things and then retire numbers.

That would help but perusing retired numbers around the league, no, good teams is not a requirement.

Come to think of it, Bob's win loss record as a Jacket is actually fantastic, so no need for this point with him.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That would help but perusing retired numbers around the league, no, good teams is not a requirement.

Come to think of it, Bob's win loss record as a Jacket is actually fantastic, so no need for this point with him.
It's more about retiring numbers for players who were actually great. Usually those players win something, or at least change a franchise.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

I don't care what other teams do :P

but out of curiosity, are you saying Bob to the Jackets is equal to Lundqvist to the Rangers?

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
I think, like, 20-25 years from now, we'll be putting #11 up in the rafters if everything goes smoothly with this rebuild.

I would hope #55 and #29 would be up there too at around the same time, but those are longer shots.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Does Columbus have a team hall of fame, or something like it? The Indians have a place out in centerfield like a hall of fame where they give players that have done well plaques. That is a good way to honor players that represented your franchise well without retiring the number. Maybe something like that can be done, and then when a truly special player comes along and helps them to a championship maybe then they can retire a number.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I voted Boone, but I'm also predicting that he'll be here a few more years. If he continues his consistent production, with his longevity as both player and captain factoring in heavily.

With Vernon, Barasso, Lundquist going into the Hall this year, I expect that Bob will also get into the Hall one year. Two Vezinas and backstopping a run to the Cup finals is likely enough. Being a potential future HoFer who spent his peak years in Columbus, I think he is worthy of having his jersey raised. But, this will likely happen a long time in the future, perhaps after Boone's when the frostiness in the relationship is long forgotten.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Surprised I’m the only one voting Foligno:

9 seasons with the Jackets
6 seasons as the captain of the most successful CBJ teams in history
Very involved in local community

Reactions: majormajor

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I think it's unlikely we see another retired number for at least another decade or two, no matter who it is (but I also didn't really think Nash deserved it, either). I voted Jenner on the off chance he keeps re-signing and remains with the team another 5-10 years, especially if they eventually manage to win a Cup with him as captain. Team wasn't good enough under Foligno, Bob wasn't here long enough, and anyone else who might be great someday is still too young now (even Z).

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Surprised I’m the only one voting Foligno:

9 seasons with the Jackets
6 seasons as the captain of the most successful CBJ teams in history
Very involved in local community
Off ice contributions don’t get your number retired. Not exclusively.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Although I want to add that I think David Vyborny should have been the first one added.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I voted Boone, but I'm also predicting that he'll be here a few more years. If he continues his consistent production, with his longevity as both player and captain factoring in heavily.

With Vernon, Barasso, Lundquist going into the Hall this year, I expect that Bob will also get into the Hall one year. Two Vezinas and backstopping a run to the Cup finals is likely enough. Being a potential future HoFer who spent his peak years in Columbus, I think he is worthy of having his jersey raised. But, this will likely happen a long time in the future, perhaps after Boone's when the frostiness in the relationship is long forgotten.
Yep. If Bob gets into the HOF, he’ll surely have a banner in the rafters as that will trump any potential ill will that may linger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Does Columbus have a team hall of fame, or something like it? The Indians have a place out in centerfield like a hall of fame where they give players that have done well plaques. That is a good way to honor players that represented your franchise well without retiring the number. Maybe something like that can be done, and then when a truly special player comes along and helps them to a championship maybe then they can retire a number.
I've always thought they should have a Hall of Very Good with some kind of military group name like The Regiment or The Company and the player would get a rank depending on their career and accomplishments here. Put the display by the cannon.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't support Nash getting his number retired although I can understand it compared to these other guys. I like the team hall of fame idea way better.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I've always thought they should have a Hall of Very Good with some kind of military group name like The Regiment or The Company and the player would get a rank depending on their career and accomplishments here. Put the display by the cannon.
That would be cool. Plus, it would give fans a place to visit when going to a game. I like going to Cleveland's before the game starts. I see some of the players I watched as a kid and it brings back memories of going to the games with my dad. None of those guys were getting any kind of accolades or retired numbers, but they were important to me as a kid, and it's cool to see. I'm sure there are some Jacket players from the early years people really liked, and this would give fans a chance to revisit some of those players again.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
That would be cool. Plus, it would give fans a place to visit when going to a game. I like going to Cleveland's before the game starts. I see some of the players I watched as a kid and it brings back memories of going to the games with my dad. None of those guys were getting any kind of accolades or retired numbers, but they were important to me as a kid, and it's cool to see. I'm sure there are some Jacket players from the early years people really liked, and this would give fans a chance to revisit some of those players again.
Exactly, it would be a great thing to add, especially for those of us that have been around from the beginning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad