Speculation: Who will be the next captain?

The next Captain will be:

• Total voters

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dorion has already said they don't anticipate naming one.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Melnyk will take over the role of Captain in order to save money for the new arena and part of the rebuild plan, assistants will be Dorion and Spartacat.

Stone and Duchene will not be captains as they are not part of the rebuild plan.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
So let's make Melnyk the captain. He already has most of the other job titles.

I fear that unlike the Captain of the Titanic or the skipper of the S. S. Minnow (ref: Gilligan's Island ) Melnyk might be more like the Captain of the capsizing cruise ship Costa Concordia who it was reported was one of the 1st to leave his ship. Apparently the story was that he felt he could better coordinate the rescue from shore.

btw) I don't see Melnyk giving up the Sens as long as Lebreton is an option. Can you imagine what it will net him if he waits and ends up with a downtown arena and NHL team free and clear.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I fear that unlike the Captain of the Titanic or the skipper of the S. S. Minnow (ref: Gilligan's Island ) Melnyk might be more like the Captain of the capsizing cruise ship Costa Concordia who it was reported was one of the 1st to leave his ship. Apparently the story was that he felt he could better coordinate the rescue from shore.

btw) I don't see Melnyk giving up the Sens as long as Lebreton is an option. Can you imagine what it will net him if he waits and ends up with a downtown arena and NHL team free and clear.
He will hold on IF he can.

Rumours suggest that he won't make it to the finish line.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Boro really just sold out his own captain, agreeing to this propaganda shtick. Is Melnyk taking the ropes from master deceiver himself Mr. Putin?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boro really just sold out his own captain, agreeing to this propaganda shtick. Is Melnyk taking the ropes from master deceiver himself Mr. Putin?

The real question is whether Boro will be eating nachos in the press box like all terrible captains do.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It should have still been Karlsson.

...Failing that, it should have been Stone fresh off an 8 year extension rather than the 1-year "get me the eff out of here" road to UFAsville.

...Failing that, it should be Duchene in an attempt to try to woo him to stay, but thst's not going to happen.

So with all of those options, Boro is clearly the favorite, though I wouldn't count out Smith as a dark horse because intangibles and because he's probably the most well liked guy on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad