Who will be the next Avalanche player with the most games played?

Who will be the first to play their 1021st Avalanche game?

• Gabriel Landeskog (464)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Erik Johnson (410)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Tyson Barrie (372)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathan MacKinnon (340)

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Mikko Rantanen (124)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Nikita Zadorov (113)

• Someone else drafted by the Avalanche who hasn't played yet

• Someone in the NHL who isn't currently an Avalanche player

• Someone who hasn't been drafted yet at all

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Or a more logical version of the title.

One person has played for the Avalanche for more than one thousand games. 1020, in fact. The equivalent of just under twelve and a half full seasons.

Considering there's no one on the roster currently who is even halfway to this mark, when will this happen?

The GP in the poll options are correct as of January 5 2018.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Landeskog has the lead but I can't help but wonder how his body is going to hold up and if the Avs struggle during their prime will he be the sacrificial lamb. MacKinnon seems the safest option to me.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Should be Landeskog first since he has more games than Nate. He should be considered as an Av for life type IMO like Hejduk, or Doan in Arizona.

He's always had natural leadership qualities, and has now gone through a trial by fire with all these losing seasons, and that will only make him a better leader. You can see it this year, how he's really come into his own as Captain. As he ages he will only become more experienced, and more respected as Captain.

In the past there were some older vets who I think had too much of an old school mentality, and didn't respect him enough as a young Captain. This caused him to always downplay himself in interviews saying he won't be the perfect captain, etc. Those guys are all gone now, and they have been replaced by a group of young character players in Compher, Kefoot, Jost, and Mikko, and even though they're all natural leader types themselves, they all have voiced a tremendous amount of respect for Landy as captain.

Hopefully his body holds up, and he makes it to that games played record first. Nate obviously might have something to say about it afterward though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Where is the "Former Av player that returns" option?
Or does that fall under "Someone in the NHL who isn't currently an Avalanche player"

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Where is the "Former Av player that returns" option?
Or does that fall under "Someone in the NHL who isn't currently an Avalanche player"
I made that option suitably ambiguous to allow for the active player who currently has played the most games for the Avalanche to be included, yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad