Who will be the key player of team CAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Nigel Dawes will be crucial to this team's success. His intensity is unmatched.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
The guy who buries a lucky loonie (or lucky coin of some other denomination) in the ice.

:D

Seriously though a case could be made for any number of players.

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
I think the key for Canada will be guys like Colliton, Fraser, Ladd etc. It may be unfair to do so but I expect the scoring from guys like Dawes, Crosby, Bergeron etc. but it will come down to the smaller names picking up the important goals here and there.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
Clearly it will be the starting goalie. Canada is so deep upfront and on defense that even though his role may not seem huge it will be up to whoever gets the nod in nets to be there in the crucial moments or Canada could just blow everyone out of the water every game in which case id say Carter, Crosby and Richards.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
Beauchemin or Glass....no if's ands or buts.
Considering that's the one position that may make or break the team.. I would agree. I think the forwards and the defence on team Canada is very solid and should perform well but if there a hole in the armour its in goaltending

GXL

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Sidney Crosby. This should be his coming out party. He has to prove his critics that he is indeed the superstar everyone has pegged him to be. If he doesn't lead canada in scoring or isn't on top of the tournament scoring at the end of the tournament, many people will doubt his abilities. This is best on best after all.

Nigel dawes will definitely be another key player for team canada. The New York Rangers are very lucky to have this very skilled an talented player. Probably has the quickest release of any player in this tournament.

Dion Phaneuf is the key to our defense. He can lead canada in many ways, with bone crushing hits and his big shot from the point. His strongest asset is probably his ability to easily contain forecheckers in the corner and push them to where he wants them to be.

Patrice Bergeron is another Key player we have on our team. He has NHL experience that no other player can match, as well as a world championship experience.

Canada's key players are: Crosby, Dawes, Phaneuf, and Bergeron.

Last edited:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
GorillazXL said:
Considering that's the one position that may make or break the team.. I would agree. I think the forwards and the defence on team Canada is very solid and should perform well but if there a hole in the armour its in goaltending

GXL

:handclap: :handclap: SO TOTALLY AGREE :handclap: :handclap:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Hart_House_Ca said:
Sidney Crosby. This should be his coming out party. He has to prove his critics that he is indeed the superstar everyone has pegged him to be. If he doesn't lead canada in scoring or isn't on top of the tournament scoring at the end of the tournament, many people will doubt his abilities. This is best on best after all.

Nigel dawes will definitely be another key player for team canada. The New York Rangers are very lucky to have this very skilled an talented player. Probably has the quickest release of any player in this tournament.

Dion Phaneuf is the key to our defense. He can lead canada in many ways, with bone crushing hits and his big shot from the point. His strongest asset is probably his ability to easily contain forecheckers in the corner and push them to where he wants them to be.

Patrice Bergeron is another Key player we have on our team. He has NHL experience that no other player can match, as well as a world championship experience.

Canada's key players are: Crosby, Dawes, Phaneuf, and Bergeron.
Sidney can only play the role of a superstar if he is given that role.From: comments
we have heard from Sutter;the fact the team is whl structured(coach players and style);Sidney playing wing instead of center, it does not look like he will be given
that role.Superstars usually play 25-30 minutes a game.Crosby will play much less.

Also,Stewart Richards and Dawes will probably be playing with Phaneuf so that
is going to help their line.

Upchuck19

May 6, 2003
Visit site
On defense Phaneuf and Weber will be the key.

Up front the heat will fall on Crosby, Dawes and Stewart.

These will be the top five players to produce.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
KadoCH said:
Clearly it will be the starting goalie. Canada is so deep upfront and on defense that even though his role may not seem huge it will be up to whoever gets the nod in nets to be there in the crucial moments or Canada could just blow everyone out of the water every game in which case id say Carter, Crosby and Richards.

Exactly, I agree with this 100%

Canada is so overwhelmingly stacked in offense and defense that the talent there will crush any team so it's up to the goalies.

I'll go on record and say that Canada wins the gold if they get even above average goaltending from either goalie.

espo*

I'm in agreement here too pepper,ultimately it will be the guy in the crease who will most decide whether we finish first,second or out of the medals altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad