• Poolman

• Morissey

Results are only viewable after voting.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I hope... Niku or Morrow (with Buff).

I think... Myers or Kulikov.

Maurice has some quirks

I prefer to label Maurice`s approach to constructing forward lines and defensive pairings as something different than "quirky" - it really is his potential "achille`s heel" so to speak :thumbd: - howver, such discussion is beyond the bounds of this thread.... .

I think that we should really give full opportunity for Morrow to play on the second pairing (with Buff of course). There has not been much discussion of this pairing`s performance during the end of season and particularly the early first round playoff series but my eye test only liked what I saw. The few times it`s been discussed, most are dismissive because of the limited sample size.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I prefer to label Maurice`s approach to constructing forward lines and defensive pairings as something different than "quirky" - it really is his potential "achille`s heel" so to speak :thumbd: - howver, such discussion is beyond the bounds of this thread.... .

I think that we should really give full opportunity for Morrow to play on the second pairing (with Buff of course). There has not been much discussion of this pairing`s performance during the end of season and particularly the early first round playoff series but my eye test only liked what I saw. The few times it`s been discussed, most are dismissive because of the limited sample size.
I really liked the Morrow-Buff pairing. I've posted their very good metrics previously, and I'll agree that they really looked solid together. Morrow surprised me. I expected a much less competent defenseman. He had some rough moments, but generally played a smart and efficient game, using his skating effectively.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Dammit....said Poolman but meant Morrow, but for only a while. I do believe Niku will end the season with the Jets on the left side

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I really liked the Morrow-Buff pairing. I've posted their very good metrics previously, and I'll agree that they really looked solid together. Morrow surprised me. I expected a much less competent defenseman. He had some rough moments, but generally played a smart and efficient game, using his skating effectively.

Yes, and as I recall he seemed to fit in very nicely generating offensive chances - something we haven`t had much from the left side. Reasonably good vision, a good slapshot and worked well with Buff moving the puck across the blueline when necessary to do so. The decision to go with Enstrom/Chiarot and drop Morrow may have altered the Jet`s ability to generate scoring chances more than many think. ( I don`t have any data to support these views- all vague memories based solely on eye test ).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad