Speculation: Who will be the Canes next coach?

Who will be the Canes next coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Hey guys, can someone describe how Peters is when it comes to allowing Dman to attack and skate? Because Brodie thrives on a fast tempo rush system, and Gulutzan really held him back.
We don't really have a lot of speedy Dmen so it was more about finding a forward up the ice for a rush. He likes the D to be very involved in the play though, especially pinching. You'll find yourself getting a lot of 2 on 1s against unless your forwards know when they will pinch to try and keep the puck in. Peters is a possession coach and will try to keep the puck in the opposite zone as much as possible.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If Washington says goodbye to Trotz then I could see him here.

Unfortunately, I have a really bad feeling one of two things will happen here:
1. Dundon hires a coach before a GM (assuming this Paul guy he hired yesterday as VP or whatever isn't going to be the GM). I'm going to give Tom the benefit of the doubt here and assume he isn't this stupid, but who the hell knows.

2. Brind'Amour is the new HC. Love the guy and all he did here as a player but I don't want him as our HC, or even the coach in Charlotte for that matter. This is going to end up similar to Roy in Colorado, actually worse because Colorado had players that could score goals. That and Brindys PP coaching didn't do much of anything to suggest to me that he's ready to be the bench boss of an NHL team.

wrong

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I voted Brindy because those rumors are just too strong to ignore. The reason I wouldn't hate the move is that, of all the candidates he's got the biggest "I've got something to prove" cloud over his head. That can be a hell of a chip on one's shoulder.

Xqr.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If I'm betting, I'm putting money on "other".

I'm betting the field against some expensive options and some guys that are part of the organization Dundon seems to be dismantling. Other than that, I got nobody in mind.

I'd be ok with Tippett or Trotz, not so sure about AV or Ruff. I'd be really upset with Rod, as much as I like him, he seems like the ron choice and waaaaay to close to what was going wrong. I'd be ok with Vellucci, but I'd prefer we look at some other AHL head coach or NCAA head coach as well before giving him the job.

:lol:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If Washington says goodbye to Trotz then I could see him here.

Unfortunately, I have a really bad feeling one of two things will happen here:
1. Dundon hires a coach before a GM (assuming this Paul guy he hired yesterday as VP or whatever isn't going to be the GM). I'm going to give Tom the benefit of the doubt here and assume he isn't this stupid, but who the hell knows.

2. Brind'Amour is the new HC. Love the guy and all he did here as a player but I don't want him as our HC, or even the coach in Charlotte for that matter. This is going to end up similar to Roy in Colorado, actually worse because Colorado had players that could score goals. That and Brindys PP coaching didn't do much of anything to suggest to me that he's ready to be the bench boss of an NHL team.

My preference would be someone like Tippett, Ruff, Trotz, etc. Guys who have NHL coaching experience, sustained success in some form (such as deep playoff runs and/or playoff team every year), and (as far as I know anyway) a coach that players like and play hard for. What I'm not sure of with these three and others like them are their experience with younger players, which we have plenty of. But if they've been in the league long enough surely they know how to work that out, right? :dunno:

What if I told you that a year after making this post that RBA would sweep Trotzs team out of the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->