Who will be the bigger point producer at the NHL level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I am wondering who will be the biggest point producer at the NHL level? Also what is there max range in offense? And How far away they are from the NHL level? What would be Anze Kopitar and Gilbert Brules HF Rating.

Alexander Semin (I know he is NHL ready)
Anze Kopitar
Gilbert Brule

Last edited:

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think Brule has the potential to post the most points but Semin could also score al because Washington will get alot better when he and Ovechkin start playing. I think Kopitar will be a point per game type of player that will always get a consitent 80 point season but Brule could get to 100 points.

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
golleafsgo_17 said:
I am wondering who will be the biggest point producer at the NHL level? Also what is there max range in offense? And How far away they are from the NHL level? What would be Anze Kopitar and Gilbert Brules HF Rating.

Anze Kopitar
Gilbert Brule
In terms of point production, I'd say 1)Kopitar 2)Semin 3)Brule

Kopitar is a pretty good goal scorer and he has great hands and vision, so he is a playmaker that will rack up big numbers, but he'll need someone to pass to. Semin is a bullet and should get to 90pts eventually, while Brule, although not far off from the 2, does't quite have the ceiling of the 2. It has been speculated that Kopitar has the highest ceiling in his draft behind SC, and Semin's 8.5A rating even though he is a liability on defence speaks volumes about his offence.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
golleafsgo_17 said:

Anze Kopitar
Gilbert Brule

I might be bias, but Semin. He has the most pure offensive talent. He may not top out as the best overall player in this group but he has the tools to score the most points. He's not a softy either.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Good thread, 'cause it's unknown. Semin is a whiz with some explosiveness, Kopitar has been compared to Modano, Brule to Yzerman.

I say Semin, 'cause he had a great rookie campaign in the NHL. Brule is so raw and Kopitar isca young, unproven European.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
EroCaps said:
I might be bias, but Semin. He has the most pure offensive talent. He may not top out as the best overall player in this group but he has the tools to score the most points. He's not a softy either.

Brule will be the best overall player so this is why he will become the bigger point producer of these 3. I think Semin will be the bigger goal producer and Kopitar will average around the same goal/assist ratio...

Brule: goal-/assist+
Kopitar: goal=/assist=
Semin: goal+/assist-

faucon

May 11, 2005
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Brule will be the best overall player so this is why he will become the bigger point producer of these 3. I think Semin will be the bigger goal producer and Kopitar will average around the same goal/assist ratio...

:clap:

I agree

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Freaky Habs Fan said:

I actually disagree. Semin's game seems to be pass just as much as it is to score. When he was in Washington (when there was a season) he spent as much time setting his teammates up as he did finishing. If not more. Part of the problem was just the complete lack of ability to finish on his lines. Halpern was about the only one who could, and eventually Semin just took it upon himself to produce points.

As far as this thread and overall topic, I know I'm biased, and additionally, I haven't seen Brule or Kopitar, that I can recall. But having read a little of the two, and having seen Semin and knowing his numbers, Semin is a scoring machine. One of the top scorers in the RSL till he got banged up, pretty much dominated the AHL in his time there at the end of last season, and showed spurts of ridiculous offensive ability in the NHL at times. I don't know if he will put up the numbers he's capable of. But, he has the talent capable of being in the top ten in points in the right situation.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I think Brule will have the most points at the end of their respective careers, though I think Semin will have the most single season points. I think they all have the talent to produce 80-90 pt seasons.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
In my opinion, Brule may be the best passer to come out of the WHL in 10 years.

I saw him make a saucer pass at the top of his own circle to a player at the red line, across the ice, tape to tape for a breakaway chance. And that wasn't the only great pass he made in the 12 minutes I saw him play.

I would say in the NHL, however that Semin is a perennial 100 point guy if he can get out from behind Ovechkin fast enough.

Semin = 30 - 50 goal scorer
Kopitar = 30 goal, 50 assist man
Brule = 20 goal, 50 + assist man, with a mix of probably 100+ PIMs

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
CurtisJD13 said:

I saw him make a saucer pass at the top of his own circle to a player at the red line, across the ice, tape to tape for a breakaway chance. And that wasn't the only great pass he made in the 12 minutes I saw him play.

IMO Brule is the best of the bunch overall and competitive as far as pure offense goes. But I would disgree with your evaluation as I think his passing game is good, but the weakest part of his offensive game. His best asset is by far his amazing shot.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
jin said:
IMO Brule is the best of the bunch overall and competitive as far as pure offense goes. But I would disgree with your evaluation as I think his passing game is good, but the weakest part of his offensive game. His best asset is by far his amazing shot.

I think that Brule's passing skills are under rated. He has a great shot so he will combine for plenty of goals and assists at the pro level. Could be a perennial candidate for leading scorer.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
CurtisJD13 said:

I would say in the NHL, however that Semin is a perennial 100 point guy if he can get out from behind Ovechkin fast enough.

Semin = 30 - 50 goal scorer
Kopitar = 30 goal, 50 assist man
Brule = 20 goal, 50 + assist man, with a mix of probably 100+ PIMs
Have you seen Brule's shot. He has the best shot arsenal in the entire draft. If he reaches his potential he'll be a 40 goal scorer, with the possability of 50 if the nhl opens up. Id say 40-45 goals 40-50a for Brule.
Semin 30g 50-55a and Kopitar im not too sure about from the limited veiwings id say 35g 45a.

BeerTuzzi

Nov 27, 2003
I heard one scout say that Brules shot now is better than most NHLers. He is an awsome passer. IMO he is very underrated...

Brule 40 G 50 A
Semin 45 G 45 A
Kopitar 40 G 50 A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad