Who will be rebuilding next season?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Hamilton without a doubt will be rebuilding, it's only a question of when they sell. Right away, or closer to the deadline and I suspect Staios is only going to sell right away if it's a fairly clear win. If it wasn't for Svechnikov I think Kaliyev would have taken rookie of the year (no offense to Hillis, I just feel +/- is a telling statistic) and I think a couple teams wouldn't mind getting their hands on him early, especially given he's had a decent amount of playoff experience now.

I look at how many picks London, Oshawa and Ottawa have and can't help but think they might opt to let go of a couple of them soon.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I Don't dispute Kaliyev could have bagged ROTY but I personally think +/- is such an overrated stat. You could just be getting on/off the ice when a goal is scored are or a penalty kills just ends and someone gets a goal. Almost wish they did away with it.

Look at 2009/10 season when Jeff Schultz was a +50 with Washington. He was a fringe NHL defenseman at best but he was on a real strong Caps team and was paired with a young Mike Green, who at the time was a pretty darn good hockey player.

It's more about the situation and who you are surrounded by.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->