Speculation: Who will be our All-Star ?

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Can we just send some guy who you know is not the best player out there but does he give you 100% all the time. Like Winnik or someone. I mean I get he is not a typical "all star" but after last season I think just working hard should be considered an "all star" by our teams standards.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully Rielly takes the next step and cements himself as a top line dman, but I think those voting for him are just doing it as wishful thinking.

In reality it'll be kadri, jvr or phaneuf.

I think kadri will have a good season, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Phaneuf doing well under Phaneuf.

I don't expect a great season from jbr, though.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Hopefully Rielly takes the next step and cements himself as a top line dman, but I think those voting for him are just doing it as wishful thinking.

In reality it'll be kadri, jvr or phaneuf.

I think kadri will have a good season, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Phaneuf doing well under Phaneuf.

I don't expect a great season from jbr, though.

Phaneuf hasn't done too well the last couple seasons under Phaneuf so i guess we'll have to see what he can do under Babcock ;)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Babcock. Just send him to coach. He's the only one on our team who's in the top 4 or 5 at their position.

markh100

Aug 11, 2005
Toronto
After watching 82 games a season most of the past few decades, I actually tuned out and didn't watch a single game after Carlyle was fired. Was Lupul really so bad that he has doesn't warrant even a mention? Between JVR, Kadri, Lupul, Rielly, Phaneuf, Gardiner and Bernier, there is enough talent on this team, that as long as one of those players plays to their potential, an All Star selection would be warranted. (Crossing my fingers that at it's one of Kadri, JVR, Rielly, Gariner or Bernier, and not Phaneuf)

markh100

Aug 11, 2005
Toronto
We're they really 21-16-3 when Carlyle was fired? It seemed so out of the blue to me. They were on pace for a 92 point season. Under Peter Horachek, they were 9-28-3, on pace for a 44 point season. That would've been the worst record in the league by far, and guaranteed one of McDavid or Eichel. Too bad they changed the lottery rules this season, or I would've been tempted to keep him around for another season. (Sorry, I promise this will be my only venting comment - am actually very excited for the team's future 2-3 years from now :popcorn:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad