Who will be on the Canadian World Junior Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Who will be the surprises?

Will Ian White be back from injury?

I think we all agree Crosby will be there?

Will any of MA Fleury, Patrice Bergeron, Nathan Horton, Eric Staal, PM Bouchard, Rick Nash or Brent Burns be available?

Any US College players other than Tambellini deserving of an invite?

evman150*

I'd assume Brent Burns would be available, as Bouchard and Schultz have played in past years while in the NHL. As for whether he makes the team, I wouldn't count on it.

Crosby will be there.

Staal, Horton - I think they'll be there.

Fleury - Not a chance the way he's playing.

Bouchard, Nash - Been there before, will the teams let them go again? I doubt it.

Bergeron - I have no clue.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Who will be the surprises? Maxime Talbot
Will Ian White be back from injury? I dunno

I think we all agree Crosby will be there? yes

Will any of MA Fleury, Patrice Bergeron, Nathan Horton, Eric Staal, PM Bouchard, Rick Nash or Brent Burns be available? Only Horton.. (burns is injuried)

Any US College players other than Tambellini deserving of an invite? no

BCCHL inactive

HabLover said:
Who will be the surprises?

Will Ian White be back from injury?

I think we all agree Crosby will be there?

Will any of MA Fleury, Patrice Bergeron, Nathan Horton, Eric Staal, PM Bouchard, Rick Nash or Brent Burns be available?

Any US College players other than Tambellini deserving of an invite?

My Disclaimer: I am only going with WHL choices as I do not see the OHL and QMJHL...my US College comment is based on my BCHL knowledge.

Surprises...Kyle Brodziak (Moose Jaw) and Lance Monych (Brandon) have all been playing extremely well to start off the season and could get invites to the December camp.

Crosby....should get an invite to the December camp. He will have to perform extremely well there to make the team.

Ian White back from injury...hard to say.

NHLers
Fleury: I think Lemieux might be smart enough to let him go, no matter how well he is playing for the Penguins.

Bergeron, Burns: It depends how well they are playing for their respective teams.

Bouchard: The Wild let him go last year, why not this year too?

Staal, Horton: Doubtful.

Nash: No chance in hell. The Blue Jackets said no last year, they will say no again this year.

NCAA other than Tambellini...

Brady Murray (North Dakota) should get an invite to the December camp. He was just named the WCHA Rookie Of The Week, and he is 2nd in UND Team Scoring with 8 points in the first 5 games of the season.

BCCHL inactive

Kyonn said:
If Mark-Andre Fluery doesn't go what are the odds David Trembly will make the team?

The goaltenders at the summer camp were...

Marc-André Fleury (Cape Breton)
Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers (Chicoutimi)
Josh Harding (Regina)
Cam Ward (Red Deer)

All 4 goaltenders are on their respective league's roster for the Canada-Russia series. If Fleury is not returned to Cape Breton (which he will not be barring something major), he will be replaced by Maxime Daigneault (Val-d'Or).

I am approaching the selection for the U20 team this way....if a CHL player is not playing for his respective league in the Canada-Russia series in 3 weeks, he will not be going to the December camp. Of course, this is not written in stone....just my personal opinion on the matter.

So no, I don't believe Tremblay has a shot at Team Canada. If there is no Fleury, I think it will be an all-WHL tandem of Harding and Ward.

Hitman*

Will White be there? Its not looking good.

Nash---no. he didn't go last year, he's playing better this year, the BJs wont say yes this time.

Bouchard---doubtful. they let him go last year and he's playing well for them this year.

Horton and Staal---depends on how they're playing around December. I think they may request to be released for the tourny since they haven't gone before.

Burns---best chance of them all IMO. Not exactly playing a pivitol role for the Wild and seems to be in the same boat as Bouchard was last season. I think he'll go.

Fleury---I hope so. Would probably help his confidence if he could go and win something this season. But with the way he's playing, I dunno.

As Van said, Brady Murray has the best chance to go from the NCAA (other than Jeff). He was at the summer camp and impressed a few people with his skill. Pretty good shot if most of the above don't go.

I think it woul be hard to leave Crosby off the team. He's the QMJHL leading scorer, he deserves to be on the team.

Don't know too many sleepers. Somebody mentioned Kyle Brodziak earlier. If he keeps playing the way he is, he'll be on the team. I don't know if Nigel Dawes wuld have been considered a 'sleeper' but when he gets healthy, he'll probably be on the team.

And if MA isn't the goalie, it will be Harding and Ward.

Sticky*

I don't think that Staal will be made available as he is consistently getting better in Carolina, and is picking up steam.

Carolina management seems very happy, and when GM Jim Rutherford was asked if there was a chance that Staal might be sent back to Peterborough, his exact reply was "no,no,no,no,no". I think that sums it up. I know he said Peterborough, but I would imagine that the same goes for the WJC's. He is playing a pivotal role with Jeff O'Neill and Josef Vasicek.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
moosefan said:
I would say no to that one, Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers and either Ward or Harding then.

Agreed. Ward hasn't even played like he deserves an invite. JDD is rapidly rising up the goaltending prospect ranks and I expect him to be the starter, as he is the best at stealing games (needs to on his brutal club).

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
SpezNc said:
Brent Burns is injuried.. Am I Wrong?

I got my answer:

LATEST NEWS

The Wild placed Burns on injured reserve on Sunday with a separated right shoulder, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. He will miss 10 days to two weeks.
(Updated 10/27/2003).

So, he will be okay for the WJC.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
evman150 said:
I'd assume Brent Burns would be available, as Bouchard and Schultz have played in past years while in the NHL. As for whether he makes the team, I wouldn't count on it.

If he's good enough to play in the NHL, he's plenty good enough to play at the World Juniors.

Don't doubt me if I'm wrong but I can't say I can ever rememeber a team releasing an NHL player for the World Juniors and then him not make the final roster.

Burns has been incredibly impressive for the Wild this season and if he's released, he's a lock to make the team. he's a big body who can skate, who can score and who now knows what it's like to play in the NHL.

shazata69

thome_26 said:
Agreed. Ward hasn't even played like he deserves an invite. JDD is rapidly rising up the goaltending prospect ranks and I expect him to be the starter, as he is the best at stealing games (needs to on his brutal club).

Huh? Ward is 7-3-2 and has a 1.98 GAA and .920 Save percentage on a average Rebel team.

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
Both David Bolland (11 goals for the Knights) and Dylan Hunter (24 points with here in London) have been playing some good hockey.

Does anyone here think either one of them can jump out and earn a spot on the team alongside their teammate, Corey Perry? Or is the success of Bolland and Hunter a result of playing with the likes of Sheppard, Schremp, and Perry?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Fleury won't be there, I am almost 100% sure of it.

Not only are the Pens going to keep him, he's the starting goalie right now. He's playing great in the NHL and this experience far outweighs anything that can be attained from the WJC's or Cape Breton, even if he were victorious in both.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Locke will make the team expecially with Staal and Horton playing in the NHL. He is now #1 on the cnter depth chart

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Brock said:
Don't doubt me if I'm wrong but I can't say I can ever rememeber a team releasing an NHL player for the World Juniors and then him not make the final roster.

Wasn't Brett Lindros released way back when the Islanders released him to tryout? Just going by memory here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->