Who will be in first place of the European Pool at the End of the Round Robin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
who cares :) the only worth place is being first in american pool to get Germany...MAybe 1 place in EU pool will mean something also if Russia will show its usual face in last 10 years

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
The first of the American pool doesn't play against the last of the European pool.
The quarterfinals are still between the teams of the same pool.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson said:
The first of the American pool doesn't play against the last of the European pool.
The quarterfinals are still between the teams of the same pool.

uhhh i didnt know that :blush:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
ZBORNAJA said:
who cares :) the only worth place is being first in american pool to get Germany...MAybe 1 place in EU pool will mean something also if Russia will show its usual face in last 10 years

How do you define Russia's "usual face"?

Something like this doesn't make any sense. They've had 2 good Olympics, and sucked at the World Champs. But the fact is that the World Champ has no meaning at all.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
wilka91 said:
How do you define Russia's "usual face"?

Something like this doesn't make any sense. They've had 2 good Olympics, and sucked at the World Champs. But the fact is that the World Champ has no meaning at all.

Sure they got 2 medals,but play wasnt there...It was painfully obvious in SLC ,And in Nagano they played semi decent but that was also tx to incredible Bure who was saving their asses..
When a team cannot produce almost no power play against other teams(except much weaker alla Belarus)and lacks obviously in chemistry department those medals will be there as long luck will be...As soon luck goes you will see real picture

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
The first 3 games are just "exhibition games", after all this is an exhibtion tournament showing the world (USA) how great the NHL is.

But it would be good to meet Germany in the quarterfinal.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
ZBORNAJA said:
Sure they got 2 medals,but play wasnt there...It was painfully obvious in SLC ,And in Nagano they played semi decent but that was also tx to incredible Bure who was saving their asses..
When a team cannot produce almost no power play against other teams(except much weaker alla Belarus)and lacks obviously in chemistry department those medals will be there as long luck will be...As soon luck goes you will see real picture

You keep on singing the same song. If you don't like the way they played, it's your problem. The bottom line is they finished 2nd and 3rd.

Why don't you complain that Canada didn't play well in 2002? It's the the result that counts, and it's a gold medal. Period.

And please stop talking about their powerplay, there are more important things than that. And anyway, didn't they score their both goals in the 1st meeting with the USA on the PP?

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
wilka91 said:
You keep on singing the same song. If you don't like the way they played, it's your problem. The bottom line is they finished 2nd and 3rd.

Why don't you complain that Canada didn't play well in 2002? It's the the result that counts, and it's a gold medal. Period.

And please stop talking about their powerplay, there are more important things than that. And anyway, didn't they score their both goals in the 1st meeting with the USA on the PP?

I didnt watched CAnada games except with Sweden so i wont judge by one game..I am judging russia by several games...They get away in SLC with medal because of pure luck..they were outplayed by Czech and nikolai saved them...Usa was clearly better in semifinal...And if it wasnt for Belarus and big surprise there would be not medal at all because Sweden or CAnada would destroy them...
NO results based on poor play and luck are long-term..

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
In my opinion Sweden was the best team in 2002. And in a 6-games short tournament a lot of luck is involved. Maybe if they played a 40 games round robin and that Canada or the Czechs won, I'd say, "they're the best". But not after only 6 games, 3 of which don't even count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad