Who will be better? Ahl or Lindberg?

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
One guy has been in our pipeline for years and just won the Memorial Cup.

One guy just got drafted today.

I'd say that I don't really understand the point of this thread.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lindberg has two years of developement under him already. Ahl we don't know how he will mold up yet. Lets be honest Lindberg is a player right now you would probably pick up with a second thats how much his stock has risen. Ahl has lots to prove I am optimistic for both of them.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
One guy has been in our pipeline for years and just won the Memorial Cup.

One guy just got drafted today.

I'd say that I don't really understand the point of this thread.

Years= 2?

Im interested to see how they compared and what their ceilings are seen as. Maybe Lindberg wasnt percieved as highly as Ahl back in sweden or vice versa. Who has a higher talent level?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ahl seems like he's better at the time of being drafted, Lindberg has made huge Silferbergian strides since being selected. Hard to say. Easy money is on Tobias.

I'm very interested in seeing what AhL has though.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Well, they said they asked Lindberg to come to NA because they didn't like his game in Sweden, but they don't feel that way about Ahl.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ahl seems like he's better at the time of being drafted, Lindberg has made huge Silferbergian strides since being selected. Hard to say. Easy money is on Tobias.

I'm very interested in seeing what AhL has though.

This. Also, Ahl fell to us too, was considered better player.

Look at Ahl's numbers in SuperElit vs Lindberg. Ahl is a superstar in comparison, Ahl also has some SHL games already under his belt, but like FQL said, Lindberg this year has had silverberg like progression, very high but that's to be expected since Lindberg was drafted as a really raw and project player. He drew comparisons to Zibanejad because he was just so raw. We don't know if that means Ahl is more closer to his ceiling but remains to be seen. I love the Ahl pick and am excited to keep track of him next year in SHL.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yea.. it's almost imposible to tell at this point, that's for sure. But I added a poll just for kicks.

hey to be fair i was asking for analysis and who was percieved to have a higher ceiling :P

I was more interested in how they were perceived in Sweden

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Years= 2?

Im interested to see how they compared and what their ceilings are seen as. Maybe Lindberg wasnt percieved as highly as Ahl back in sweden or vice versa. Who has a higher talent level?

Lindberg has always been a fringe national team player for his age group while Ahl has been on the top line since U16. Ahl also put up better numbers at 16 than Lindberg did when he was 18. Ahl is undoubtedly the more talented player. He's probably already a better player, but only when he moves his feet which is not always the case.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lindberg has always been a fringe national team player for his age group while Ahl has been on the top line since U16. Ahl also put up better numbers at 16 than Lindberg did when he was 18. Ahl is undoubtedly the more talented player. He's probably already a better player, but only when he moves his feet which is not always the case.

Thank you. Your insight is apprieciated :) Exact type of post i was interested in.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This thread reminds me of the Stone vs. Chiasson one last year. I think we now know how accurate that was.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
If you go way back to my reviews on Lindberg on the prospect board, you will see that I saw something in Lindberg the very first time I saw him at dev camp.

I do however get a very similar feeling about Ahl going into this dev camp. If I can slip away from work tomorrow, you can bet that Smittys annual dev camp write up will be in the prospects thread, and ill let you all know if Ahl gives me the same twinkle that Lindberg did.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If you go way back to my reviews on Lindberg on the prospect board, you will see that I saw something in Lindberg the very first time I saw him at dev camp.

I do however get a very similar feeling about Ahl going into this dev camp. If I can slip away from work tomorrow, you can bet that Smittys annual dev camp write up will be in the prospects thread, and ill let you all know if Ahl gives me the same twinkle that Lindberg did.

When is the camp this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad