Speculation: Who wears the C

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nobody. You rock three As next season and you await someone to appoint themself the leader by showing it. Parise and Suter can be stripped of the A as well until proven otherwise.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think they're going to give away the C. They're going to wait for one of the younger players to earn it.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah sounds like they'll wait with the captaincy.

But they need at least 3 letter guys, right now they have 2. Will be interesting to see who gets the third A..

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe rotating C's, or just stick with A's. No one sticks out as C material at the moment. I think a lot of Spurgeon...

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
3 A's,

However Russo's latest form the source said if Foligno gets extended this offseason that might mean he is the next Captain. I find that hard to believe though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not Foligno. I get that he has grit, and is a good interview, but he is a very replaceable player that spent a good deal of his career somewhere else. An A, maybe.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Three A's, Kunin, Kaprizov, Addison

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
4th line plugs don't get named captain. Suter and Spurgeon both have the respect of the team but neither really have the personality to be captain. Dumba is the best fit personality wise, but it would be hard to give it to your currently 4th best defenseman.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I would roll with 3 A's and see if some of the younger players become worthy of a leadership role.

Spurgeon makes the most sense if they think there should be a new C right now. Dumba too, if his future here wasn't uncertain. I just hope its not going to be Foligno.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
4th line plugs don't get named captain. Suter and Spurgeon both have the respect of the team but neither really have the personality to be captain. Dumba is the best fit personality wise, but it would be hard to give it to your currently 4th best defenseman.
Especially when he's about to be playing for another team.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah sounds like they'll wait with the captaincy.

But they need at least 3 letter guys, right now they have 2. Will be interesting to see who gets the third A..
Spurgeon has worn the 3rd A in the past, not to burst your “give Zuccarello an A” bubble.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Spurgeon has worn the 3rd A in the past, not to burst your “give Zuccarello an A” bubble.

Good, put it on him. I see Spurgeon as a quiet, humble and nice guy, that's fine, just not captain material in my book. But Guerin has signed him into the next century, so why not.

Zuccarello doesn't need a letter to be a leader, his experience is all he needs.

Reactions: grN1g
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->