Who wears the "C" after Doan?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL

He's apparently very vocal and has turned into a bit of a leader from what has been said on broadcasts.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Richardson definitely gets one of the A's if OEL takes the C which I assume will be the case. He's only on a one year deal at that point too so it would be transitioned after that. Murphy makes sense for the other one, possibly Martinook.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I used to be against the idea of OEL as captain but he's way more outspoken these days. I'm sure part of it is has to do with being more comfortable with the language but I think he's become more comfortable with leadership in general. He seems more in touch with what the team is or is not doing and tends to vocalize it. I know there are plenty of captains that lead by example but I like that he's become noticeably more vocal. He might still have that Swedish aloofness back home but he's starting to take command of the team here. Maybe he's just more comfortable, maybe he's matured, maybe it's just experience but whatever it is I think he's definitely captain material now!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that Domi has what it takes to wear the C. He's far more assertive than the laid back OEL.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I like Domi but he hasnt earned it yet.

Supposedly OEL has grown into a leadership role. It's his to lose right now

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
OEL is the natural choice. But Im going to duck here as I say this:

What concerns me is the lack of himself and other players standing up for him. That could change easily but I'm not sure how his locker-room personality is. Is he a natural leader is my point?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If we sorted by talent, I'd say OEL would be next captain.

But if we sort it by the personality that is good for the room, I'd say Domi, with Martinook getting an assistant captaincy.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
LOL Laid back? Do you watch games? OEL is always in the thick of things.

I think he means in their personalities. From interviews Domi appears to be more outgoing, talkative. While OEL is quite reserved. But in the locker room it sounds like OEL has become more vocal and more of a leader, which is good. Being captain should make him more inclined to resign here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad