Who was your first favourite hockey player?

JoseTheodore2002

Oct 1, 2018
I'm a bit younger (22) but been reading thes3 boards for years. The player that made me fall on love with hockey at real young age was pavel bure. After I got old enough to understand more and pick my favorite team Jose Theodore too bad he was a flash in the pan... Carey Price is all too similar it scares me

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Robert Earl Clarke.
c3DYfg.gif

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
My 1st favorite and still my favorite is Richard Martin former Sabre and part of the infamous French Connection. That man could fire a puck as hard as anyone. Two time 52 goal scorer whose career was cut short by injuries and died much to young. Rico, Rene and Gil what a line.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
Born in the mid 70s, with my awareness of hockey and the NHL beginning in about 1981-82, there can only be one answer for a small town Canadian boy of that time. And it sure ain't Mike Bossy :).

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh and my second favorite hockey player was Lyle Odelein.

I also cried today.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
View attachment 136139
Ken Dryden

Dryden was my first favourite player. I was a big Habs fan as a young child in the late '70s. I think Lemaire was my 2nd favourite, but nobody was close to Dryden.

I've always loved Russian players too. Probably Mikhailov was the first who really caught my eye.
I first watched hockey in the 70/71 playoffs. I was only 5 years old and didnt follow a team but I remember Dryden standing on his head in those playoffs. And I thought his mask was cool. Intimidating. Not the mask in the picture. His first mask. I goalies looked like warriors out there so I favored them. Dryden was my favorite even though I was never a Caps fan. The first skater that I liked was Bobby Clarke.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I first watched hockey in the 70/71 playoffs. I was only 5 years old and didnt follow a team but I remember Dryden standing on his head in those playoffs. And I thought his mask was cool. Intimidating. Not the mask in the picture. His first mask. I goalies looked like warriors out there so I favored them. Dryden was my favorite even though I was never a Caps fan. The first skater that I liked was Bobby Clarke.

You have an eye for talent Young Man. On the one hand... the erudite, non confrontational & intellectual Ken Dryden..... on the other, the ultimate Junk Yard Dog in Bobby Clarke who's actual innate hockey talents were in fact quite formidable. Guy could skate, fly.... excellent vision, passer, shot portfolio. Total "Team Player" & willing to do whatever the Hell it took to Win. Selfless.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Became a hockey fan in 1968...chose the Bruin's as my team as I liked their rough style and they were up and coming...so guess who was my first favorite player? (Hint: see avatar...)

Derek Sanderson?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
View attachment 136139
Ken Dryden

Dryden was my first favourite player. I was a big Habs fan as a young child in the late '70s. I think Lemaire was my 2nd favourite, but nobody was close to Dryden.

I've always loved Russian players too. Probably Mikhailov was the first who really caught my eye.

Dryden was the first that i can remember. I know I cried when he got a penalty for having too thick pads in the playoffs - maybe 71?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
He’s not a Hall of Famer, but Doug Weight. I was able to get an autographed puck at a meet and greet and he was so polite. Always nice to see someone you looked up to turned out to be a decent guy.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Born in 1976. Member of the Gretzky fan club, but moved on to Peter Stastny because I had to be different, he had less hype than Trotts and Bossy, I loved that Nordiques jersey, and his brothers and him made for a good story.
Also Tony Tanti, because he was the Canuck who could score a little when I started really watching, and he was small, like me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->