Who was tougher and meaner: Eddie Shore or Ted Lindsay?

Who was the tougher and meaner player?

• Total voters

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
About 20 years ago I bought one of those hockey magazines they used to print . This particular one was on hockey's toughest players of all time. It listed the players accolades along with their injury list. I can't remember if shore
was first but his injury list was absolutely insane. I remember me and the guys at work taking a break and looking over it in disbeleif. Dude obviously didn't feel pain.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Nah, he was on a whole other level of nasty than Marchand. There was an anecdote from Johnny McKenzie about Lindsay when they were teammates early in McKenzie's career...

Some player fouled Lindsay and McKenzie asked Ted, "Are you going to let him get away with that?" Lindsay said, "Wait...".
Later in the game there was a pile up with Lindsay and the player in question were in the pile. When the players cleared the guy's face was cut to ribbons. Ted came back to the bench and Johnny said - "You got to be kidding me?"

I mean doubt such a player would last long in the league today, and a player like Marchand might do such things back then. Then again maybe people like Lindsay was just garbage human beings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad