Who was the more exciting player: Young OV or Current McDavid?

More Exciting?

• Total voters

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly before CM came into the league I thought OV was the most exciting player ever, but man CM is seriously challenging that thought. He legit makes you get out of your seat every time he has the puck.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Current McDavid but young Ovi was so exciting, especially his physical play on top of all that skill.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Ovechkin mainly because he is a more exciting persona.
Furthermore I believe he was just as fast as McDavid I know the fotm opinion is that McDavid is the greatest skater ever but I simply dont agree.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Furthermore I believe he was just as fast as McDavid I know the fotm opinion is that McDavid is the greatest skater ever but I simply dont agree.

No one who has ever played hockey is a better skater than McDavid. Period.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
What happened to Ovechkin's stickhandling? He used to be so adept at it. I miss that element of his game. :(
Idk it has gotten so much worse it’s affected a ton of his game. That’s why he barely carries the puck up anymore to enter the zone, he just dumps it in.

It was also a huge part of his possession stats. He was a demon 5 on 5 anywhere (on the boards, neutral zone, tight spaces). He can’t do much of that anymore

I don’t know how your stuck handling can get this bad

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Difficult to choose, their style is so different. Probably OV, but McD is a better player.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

That's not really an opinion though, McDavid is faster and a better skater. Ovechkin overall was just as entertaining of a player though, he could hit like a freight train 10 times a game and rush up ice and beat a goalie cleanly with a wrister from just inside the blue line.

Jan 21, 2018
This isn't a fair comparison because the Capitals were a much better built team whos only obstacle was the Penguins. Ovy had so much more talent to work with so he could cherry pick and score more exciting goals.

McDavid has to worry about trying to carry the rest of his pathetic team to try and get some wins let alone play exciting hockey.

I vote McDavid. Ovy has by far the best shot I've ever seen, but McDavid is a f***ing wizard.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

In case people need a reminder.

Holy friggin shit I love these highlights. It's a shame he declined from this type of player earlier than expected, but he's still lit the league up as a goal scorer since he stopped rushing the puck like a beast.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This isn't a fair comparison because the Capitals were a much better built team whos only obstacle was the Penguins. Ovy had so much more talent to work with so he could cherry pick and score more exciting goals.

McDavid has to worry about trying to carry the rest of his pathetic team to try and get some wins let alone play exciting hockey.

I vote McDavid. Ovy has by far the best shot I've ever seen, but McDavid is a ****ing wizard.

When Ovechkin scored 65 goals the next highest player on his team had 69 points, a rookie Backstrom.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV. Both guys have the speed and hands, etc. But OV had the game breaking physical element too which made him that much more exciting.

Randyne

May 20, 2012
Ovechkin was the more exciting and better player
First 215 games:
GPGA1A2P
Ovechkin2151418641268
McDavid2159110373267
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: RareDangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad