Who was the better running back?

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I think it’s close too. Two completely different styles.

Alexander had his line and a better team. Jamal had to do it with no QB or other offense. But Alexander could find the end zone man.

I go back and forth and I love the RBs in the 2000s. Edge was my favorite.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Jamal ran so angry and was virtually the only offense on that SB winning Ravens team.

However, if I had to pick now I would go with Alexander. He was elusive and could find the endzone with ease. That 5 td game was insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAngryHank

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Lewis. Alexander had the better peak but Lewis makes up for it with more productive seasons, even though he missed all of his 2nd season due to injury.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Lewis. Alexander had the better peak but Lewis makes up for it with more productive seasons, even though he missed all of his 2nd season due to injury.

O-Line aside (Lewis still had Ogden), Alexander still had 50 more career touchdowns than Lewis.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
O-Line aside (Lewis still had Ogden), Alexander still had 50 more career touchdowns than Lewis.

Scoring TDs isnt necessarily an indicator of skill as much as it is a byproduct of the quality of the offense as well as how a RB is used. Melvin Gordon is a good example of this.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Scoring TDs isnt necessarily an indicator of skill as much as it is a byproduct of the quality of the offense as well as how a RB is used. Melvin Gordon is a good example of this.

I agree, but when you are one of only eight rbs in the history of the NFL with 100 rushing tds, that means something as far as the player goes. Gordon has 36 tds in 5 years...Alexander had 87 tds in a 5 year stretch. You can’t compare them.

Let’s not forget in 05 Seattle’s leading receiver was Bobby Engram with 778 yards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad