Speculation: Who wants to be President of Hockey OPs; survey says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Agreed. Can you imagine if MLSE announced they were replacing Shannahan and then went radio silence for 3 months. lol.
Would love just one article (obviously it wouldn't be written by Bruce), whether it be on the Athletic, The Sun, Citizen, National Post.

Something like "What Happened to the search for the POHO?" and instead of everyone speculating as to why or who or what, we could get what journalism and investigative reporting are supposed to do and give us some answers instead of just completely ignoring the situation and thinking that once again they fooled everyone..

Reactions: NorthCoast

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Would love just one article (obviously it wouldn't be written by Bruce), whether it be on the Athletic, The Sun, Citizen, National Post.

Something like "What Happened to the search for the POHO?" and instead of everyone speculating as to why or who or what, we could get what journalism and investigative reporting are supposed to do and give us some answers instead of just completely ignoring the situation and thinking that once again they fooled everyone..
And lose that lucrative seat on the team charter????

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can you imagine how salty Eugene is about being turned down for an interview by multiple candidates? That's gotta sting. One by one, they all declined to even be interviewed, let alone consider an offer. Now we hear Ron Francis is angling for a job in Seattle, further confirming that senior hockey guys would rather be boiled in oil than take a job working for Euge. Not that this is a revelation or anything, but now it's all out in the open.

Reactions: Deku

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Can you imagine how salty Eugene is about being turned down for an interview by multiple candidates?
I don't think it bothers him one bit. I don't think he ever had any intention of hiring anyone anyways and was probably forced to try and do so by the league.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I don't think it bothers him one bit. I don't think he ever had any intention of hiring anyone anyways and was probably forced to try and do so by the league.

Nah he’s an egomaniac, I’m sure this stuff riles him up even if he never wanted to hire anyone in the first place.

Reactions: Yak and Upgrayedd

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Can you imagine how salty Eugene is about being turned down for an interview by multiple candidates? That's gotta sting. One by one, they all declined to even be interviewed, let alone consider an offer. Now we hear Ron Francis is angling for a job in Seattle, further confirming that senior hockey guys would rather be boiled in oil than take a job working for Euge. Not that this is a revelation or anything, but now it's all out in the open.

Ya I imagine he is pretty salty

I wonder if it gives him anything to reflect on?

I almost look at Melnyk in terms of pre illness and post illness

Post illness he seems far more concerned with money and seems in general to be mean. Maybe it's just me but he seemed happier in life pre illness

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Post illness he seems far more concerned with money and seems in general to be mean. Maybe it's just me but he seemed happier in life pre illness

He really strikes me as the type of person that is so narcissistic that he doesn't have these type of thoughts. He would probably shrug it off as "their loss" instead of looking in the mirror and trying to figure out the issue.

It really doesn't help that he probably has no one willing to be straight with him. If he had a CEO or another high ranking experienced exec that wasn't afraid to talk to him straight up, he may have acted differently in a few situations.

Rotten organization hierarchy. It'a massive issue with the franchise imo and has been for awhile.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Has the media given up on this too?? Sucks that they let Melnyk off the hook so easily, too scared to lose their charter seat I guess.

In general the media made it quite clear they either don't care enough or are complicit in what we are seeing, the actions by the team and owner have essentially tee'd up daily stories to be written by a true journalist....yet we see nothing. Gave up on them years ago though personally and resort to other platforms which have gotten with the times where folks have proved there integrity, connections etc...

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Not to take away from your general point, but being GM #1 for Seattle is, in my opinion, the absolute best GM position the league has to offer right now.

That is the plum spot, and if I were any hockey exec in the running for any of the top spots there, I would turn down all other offers until it’s sorted.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Like Scrooge but in reverse!

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
No sane executive would accept a job with so much uncertainty with ownership. Fingers crossed it becomes more clear by September.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Denis Potvin making the local radio rounds in the city today. Simmer even mentioned his name and POHO in the same breath, that's pretty scary to me, but I guess it can't get any worse than it already is.

Knowing that the radio station generally does a fair share of water carrying, maybe there is something to this...

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Denis Potvin making the local radio rounds in the city today. Simmer even mentioned his name and POHO in the same breath. I would much rather have no POHO than Potvin.

Drunken Potvin will tell off Drunken Melnyk. It could be glorious.
Thats how you sell season tickets. Perk: Watch Drunk Denis Potvin yet at Eugene Melnyk for 30 minutes.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That would be ridiculous if he ended up as POHO
Oh, I absolutely agree. He could barely even put sentences together 5 years ago when he called Sens games. All that being said, he is local, which the org loves and would prob come pretty cheap. Simmer dropped the nugget about how he would be "absolutely perfect for the job".

I didn't hear the actual interview, only the part where Mendes/Simmer were discussing him coming on the radio.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Well, pre-illness he could drink, and did.
Post-illness he's sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->