Who to follow on Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament?

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Canada: Griffin Reinhart
USA: Alex Galchenyuk
Russia: Mikhail Grigorenko

There's other great players but here's three big name types to start you off

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I'd watch Cristoval Neives for USA. He's got a great skill set, and has the ability to be a first round pick at next years draft.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
I'd watch Cristoval Neives for USA. He's got a great skill set, and has the ability to be a first round pick at next years draft.

He's a player who I have watched for years. He needs to re-commit himself to this sport if he wants to advance. You can't just play the games at this age.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Sweden: Top draft prospects Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg, and if you want to take a look at a 2013 first rounder, Elias Lindholm will be on the team. Fantastic player.

Malte Strömwall will be on the team as well for those curious about his coming CHL potential, as well as some other good 2012 prospects, including G Oscar Dansk and D Calle Andersson.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
He's a player who I have watched for years. He needs to re-commit himself to this sport if he wants to advance. You can't just play the games at this age.

I'd have to agree. I haven't seen him play since his MM year, so I'm hoping I can catch a few games.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
There's no big names for this years draft because Olli Maatta plays at u-20 tourny at lake placid, biggest name for next years draft might be Ville Pokka who is offensive defenceman. Other names are Alexandr Barkov jr. and Rasmus Ristolainen who are very talented at projects first round for the 2013 draft.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like Hunter Shinkaruk has been possibly the best forward at camp for Canada so far. Not even eligible until 2013.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Dumba perhaps

TSN.ca Notes: Matt Dumba of Red Deer certainly stood out - fearless and physical. He was slick with the puck, spinning away from defenders with a great cross-ice stretch pass through the middle to start a rush. He had great anticipation in his own end and a big open ice hit on the penalty kill. Head coach Steve Spott after the game called him "a dynamic player," and, "the real deal."

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
I'd have to agree. I haven't seen him play since his MM year, so I'm hoping I can catch a few games.

Frankly, I was surprised that they chose him after USAH/NDTP evaluators soured so much on him last year.

Latex*

Two top 2013 eligibles from Finland, Rasmus Ristolainen and Sasha Barkov.

So excited about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->