Who this summer's RFA will sign the biggest contract?

Who this summer's RFA will sign the biggest contract?

• Mikko Rantanen

• Mitch Marner

• Patrik Laine

• Sebastian Aho

• Brendan Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Point has had the best season so probably him.
But Point will take one for the team.Has to be Marner. He'll follow suite and take the team for what ever he can get and with Dubas on the other end we can expect Marner to get a lot.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
But Point will take one for the team.Has to be Marner. He'll follow suite and take the team for what ever he can get and with Dubas on the other end we can expect Marner to get a lot.

Points not doing the negotiating, his agent is. Point said he’s gonna leave it to his agent and his agent will get as much as possible

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's not Point because Florida's state tax.
But why it has to be Marner and not let's say Rantanen?

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
One word...Dubas.
His track record shows he's not good when it comes to handing out contracts.
That could be the right answer for sure.
But let's say Marner signs his contract first. Would Rantanen's agent settle for less than what Marner is getting?

Last two seasons so far(2017-2018+2018-2019):
Games played:
Rantanen 150
Marner 150

Marner 151

Goals:
Rantanen 59
Marner 46

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
Marner, probably. Even though he isn't even the best player on his line and 3 of the 4 other options have been better this season. And the only other has for more pedigree.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think it will be a close contract between Aho, Marner and Rants. Laine does bridge and Point takes a discount.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rantanen. The Marner contract is going to be lower because of Toronto’s cap problems. Laine is having a bad season, otherwise he’d be the highest.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Dubas is the Leafs GM. So: Marner.

I predict 11 M per x 5 years.

Then media will say he accepted less for less years in order to help the team so he does not look like a bad guy. ;)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Rantanen.

I truly think Marner's not getting 10 million

No way he gets 10 M per if Matthews got 11.6 M.

His camp is on record saying they expect at least the same contract than Matthews... And given Marner production this year and his performance last playoffs, they are right.

If he continues to outperform Matthews down the stretch, he might have a case to ask for even more.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

His camp is on record saying they expect at least the same contract than Matthews... And given Marner production this year and his performance last playoffs, they are right.

If he continues to outperform Matthews down the stretch, he might have a case to ask for even more.

LOL!!

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Can you provide a source for that?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Can you provide a source for that?

I re-read McKenzie quote I was refering to, and he did not specifically wrote that Marner camp told him that. My mistake.

Still, I don't see why Marner would accept less than Matthews since he is arguably the team best forward. I don't buy that C vs W thing one bit.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I re-read McKenzie quote I was refering to, and he did not specifically wrote that Marner camp told him that. My mistake.

Still, I don't see why Marner would accept less than Matthews since he is arguably the team best forward. I don't buy that C vs W thing one bit.

Thanks for looking that up.

I think the danger with paying big bucks for Marner is that you are paying for elite powerplay ability, but average top-line 5v5 play. I think Dubas realizes this as well. This contract will be the real one to watch. No idea how it is going to play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00