who thinks Lemieux, Gretzky, Messier and Yzerman couldnt get a deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
puck_it said:
you got that right. Gretzky him self said Crosby was the next.
Gretzky also said when he was with L.A. that Vitaly Yachmenev was one of the most talented players he had ever played with.

Of all the things I trust Gretz with, player evaluation has never been one of them. ;)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Where are all the American and Canadian college boys?Why aren't they involved.Don Sweeney?Harvard educated.Joe Nieuwendyk?Went to Cornell.Craig Conroy?Went to Clarkson.John Madden?Michigan.Madden could tell everyone to accept the cap like he told the Newark Star Ledger.Jay Pandolfo?BU.Mike Grier?BU.Chris Therrien?Providence

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
slats432 said:
Gretzky also said when he was with L.A. that Vitaly Yachmenev was one of the most talented players he had ever played with.

Of all the things I trust Gretz with, player evaluation has never been one of them. ;)

I guess we shouldn't allow him to run Team Canada anymore. I mean he's done a horrible job evaluating players and picking the right guys to bring the team success.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Icey said:
Nobody will, but that doesn't mean he isn't the best of the rookies and that is the point. The game has changed.

Well, that's my point. Crosby isn't fit to hold Gretzky's you-know-what let alone tell him how much he deserves to be paid. Just because you get an article in ESPN the Magazine when you're 17 doesn't mean you're not over-hyped. Let's wait and see how he handles the NHL before we decide if he is the "Next One" (thus taking the nickname away from the likes of Alexandre Daigle and Eric Lindros).

Brent Burns Beard