Who the hell is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Minnesota picks ANTON KHUDOBIN over a bunch of other goalies...He's from Kazahkistan...excuse the spelling...

I'm really starting to doubt their European Scouting Staff...

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
I don't know who he is but these countries are starting to produce some excellent goalies. Germany has a prospect with the Sharks whose name I can't recall. Kazakhstan has Evgeni Nabokov. And people didn't know why the Avs drafted a Swiss goalie by the nameof David Aebisher a couple of years ago.

thestonedkoala

Here's hoping he's another Nabokov...He's from the same country...

leafaholix*

The Sharks prospect is Dimitri Patzold I think.

He was born in Kazakhstan as well.

thestonedkoala

I'm really happy for Josh Harding but we need another goalie to push him...He won't be going to the AHL.

Hmmm two from Kazakhstan...

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
Jovanovski = Norris said:
Germany has a prospect with the Sharks whose name I can't recal.

the sharks actually have 2 german goaltending prospects, patzold and ehelechner. with the addition of greiss at this weekends draft, they have 3 german goalies. not to mention sturm, goc, ehrhoff, and hospelt from germany. san jose is just one example of teams looking outside of conventional sources for talent, and finding success. i think we'll see more of that in years to come.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Minnesota picks ANTON KHUDOBIN over a bunch of other goalies...He's from Kazahkistan...excuse the spelling...

I'm really starting to doubt their European Scouting Staff...

If I remember correctly , Khudobin has been the No.1 goalie of Russian U-18 National team the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->