Who takes the final 2 WC spots in the West

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Assuming Dallas hangs onto the 3 hole in the Central who takes the 2 WC spots? Chicago and StLouis are now in the race as I predicted a few weeks ago. St Louis with the best 30 day record of the teams vying for a spot. Chicago’s trades with Arizona and Edmonton seem to be paying dividends. (Thanks Chiarelli you nitwit). Anaheim just got 3 key players back off LTIR and Gibson perhaps the best goalie in the league. Minnesota playing much better of late. Avs lost Rantanen and really struggling past 30 days. Vancouvers kids have caught fire and getting solid goaltending. Oilers snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with regularity and can’t get out of their own way.

You have 2 votes.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don’t ask me how ppl got in the Edmonton poll choice... weird. Just ignore that.

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wish it was Edmonton and whoever (assuming we dont trade assets to make it). I think it will be Minnesota and Colorado. I have quite a bit of confidence in Minnesota making it but not alot in Colorado. Man the west is pathetic lol.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I'm sure that someone is going to tell me I'm stupid, but I always find the goals for and against is a telling stat. Very simple and I have no advanced analytic data or anything. It just makes sense that teams that score more than they allow should be more successful and it seems like the final standings usually line up that way.

Colorado +3
Minnesota -3

St. Louis -8
Vancouver -10
Arizona -11

Oilers -21
Chicago -29
LA -38
Anaheim -39

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm sure that someone is going to tell me I'm stupid, but I always find the goals for and against is a telling stat. Very simple and I have no advanced analytic data or anything. It just makes sense that teams that score more than they allow should be more successful and it seems like the final standings usually line up that way.

Colorado +3
Minnesota -3

St. Louis -8
Vancouver -10
Arizona -11

Oilers -21
Chicago -29
LA -38
Anaheim -39

It is very telling. Look at the teams who make the playoffs vs teams that don’t and GF-GA differential is almost always positive for playoff teams and negative for non playoff teams.

StL differential has shrunk immensely the past 30 days.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It is very telling. Look at the teams who make the playoffs vs teams that don’t and GF-GA differential is almost always positive for playoff teams and negative for non playoff teams.

StL differential has shrunk immensely the past 30 days.

Yup.
Meant to pick St Louis and Minnesota.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You’d think Calgary winning the President’s Trophy might be enough.
After so many terrible years I'm used to us being worse than Calgary. I'm not upset they are where they are (plus they're not catching Tampa).

Having two small rebuilds surpass the Oilers would be the ultimate insult.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Colorado +3
Minnesota -3

St. Louis -8
Vancouver -10
Arizona -11

Oilers -21
Chicago -29
LA -38
Anaheim -39

You are right. Alot of the time if you look at teams that make the playoffs, they have a plus rating or are at least higher than the teams that dont make it.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think if Pettersen stays healthy, Vancouver is a surprise choice to make it, leaving one of Colorado and Minnesota for the other spot IMO. Went with Colorado because of their ridiculous top line.

I think Vancouver probably falls back to earth a little next year, but they're playing some really inspired hockey lately it seems.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The teams are so bunched up right now, it is really hard to tell. Someone or two goes on a hot streak and that could be it. I'll go with the Blues and Minny.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Arizona Van Ducks all lose tonight in reg. Yay. Still in the turtle derby. Big game v Chicago tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad