Speculation: Who stays..Jake or Nylander

Nylander the baby or Jake

• Total voters

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Marleau goes... somehow, along with the worst of brown/kap. With these changes, everything barely fits.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I can't see Gards staying,obviously the jury is still out on Willy,but I would be lookin' for the best trade option right now. Some team I'm sure,could use Willy!

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Both can fit if the big three aren't too greedy, which isn't seeming like the case at the moment for Nylander and Marner based on their agents. Still holding out hope Matthews signs a team friendly deal, but based on how he's playing, it could be team friendly and still huge.

As much as I love Jake, who is criminally underrated around here, I would have to go with Nylander. Too much high end skill and too young to let go.

However, choosing between Zaitsev and Gardiner, who shouldn't cost that much more, is pretty easy. (I do have a soft spot for Z because he chose Toronto when we still sucked, so like to see it work out for him.)

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Baby .... realy..

Corny an childish ode to this thread
Sam Smith / Nylanderstyled

"You call him crazy
you think that you know what he has done
but when u call him baby
i know you are the crazy one"

Will not vote but keep both.

Reactions: great

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Both stay if up to the Leafs.

Gardiner re-signs, to me that's a given.
Nylander signs unless he chooses to not to.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I love Gardiner but it's going to be awfully tough to keep him in the role he plays. I think natural progression here is that Dermott moves up in the roster and/or we find a cheaper alternative.

Nylander will be re-signed.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Neither stay. Jake goes UFA and Willy gets traded. The longer he's out, the more he is not needed, the more likely his value as an asset outweighs his value as a member of the team.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Though I could see an avenue to keep both, I would be shopping Nylander if the price tag truly eclipses $6.25 aav.

Something along the lines of Nylander (+) for Montour + Ritchie would be my goal, though Anaheim would likely not be too enthusiastic about giving up Montour.

Jake I'd look to re-sign at essentially the Kadri D-equivalent, if possible. If not, I let him walk.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Losing Jake won't be too big of an issue because Dermott should be able to replace him, the issue is finding a partner for Rielly.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dubas can and he will sign and keep everybody . Dubas also said MNM have all pledged to take discounts to make it work so i'm assuming Gards will as well .

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Though I could see an avenue to keep both, I would be shopping Nylander if the price tag truly eclipses $6.25 aav.

Something along the lines of Nylander (+) for Montour + Ritchie would be my goal, though Anaheim would likely not be too enthusiastic about giving up Montour.

Jake I'd look to re-sign at essentially the Kadri D-equivalent, if possible. If not, I let him walk.

This. But it will sting to let another guy walk for nothing

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I think both will be staying, but feel of the two Jake is the one most likely to not be resigned to make everything fit.

Jake is what he is, and better than people give him credit for around here. I really like him as a person and feel he is a core member of the group. I think the Leafs want to keep him; if they can make it fit is another thing.

Nylander will be here for 6+ years unless they continue going full Pejorative Slur with the hold out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad