Sportsnet: Who stays and who goes on Senators’ list of pending free agents?

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Just out of pure boredom here’s who I think is traded and who stays.

Re-signed:
Duclair
Brown
Tierney
DeMelo
Borowiecki
Namestnikov

Traded:
Pageau
Hainsey
Ennis

Not traded but walks to FA:
Anderson
Boedker
Sabourin
Goloubef

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Re-signed:
Duclair
Brown
Tierney
DeMelo
Borowiecki
Namestnikov

Traded:
Pageau
Hainsey
Ennis

Anderson
Boedker
Sabourin
Goloubef

My guess:

Two of your Re-signs are gone.

Goloubef and Boedker both get sent somewhere as packaged deals.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My guess:

Two of your Re-signs are gone.

Goloubef and Boedker both get sent somewhere as packaged deals.

I think Namestnikov is 99% gone and probably one or both of the DMen, but I think Goloubef will probably stick around. Not gonna be a market for him really, outside of organizations like ours that want to stock up a little for a Calder Cup run so might as well keep him. Of all UFA forwards, I think Ennis is the most likely to be retained.

I think Anisimov is a wild card; I suspect they'll deal one of Anisimov or Tierney before next season and then go one more yr with the guy they don't.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Re-signed:
Duclair
Brown

Tierney
DeMelo
Borowiecki
Namestnikov

Traded:
Pageau
Hainsey
Ennis

Anderson
Boedker
Sabourin
Goloubef
Bolded are the ones I think the team should keep,unfortunately with us having Zaitsev ,Demelo may be gone ...Still think that was a dumb trade

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Bolded are the ones I think the team should keep,unfortunately with us having Zaitsev ,Demelo may be gone ...Still think that was a dumb trade
With Toronto now looking for defence would Zaitsev or Hainsey be of interest to them. They know the system pretty well and Keefe would know them. And could bring back a nice prospect if a deal was wanted without a draft pick offered - Bracco, Sandin, Petan level. They'd have to clear some space and that could raise the level of the return as well. Spezza? another?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Also at the time no one thought or predicted the San Jose first to be what it is. I am talking about a similar value return to what the sens got at the time of the deal.

I doubt I was the only one. I'm no Nostradamus or anything, I am not trying to predict things all the time, it's just something that looked very possible to me at that moment. I was right on some things, and wrong on some others. Imagine how bad they'd be without Karlsson.

Sept 17th 2018

Prospect Info: - Josh Norris C 6’1” 19y/o

"that pick could be in the lotto as I think this team is about to decline"

NHL Entry Draft - 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

"it remains to be seen but the 1st obtained in the Karlsson deal could end up being more valuable. If the Sharks miss the playoffs once in the next 2 years, it could even be very high."

The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

"but the Sharks in 2020 could end up being 10th overall (let’s say EK left, Thornton retired, others aged a bit more, some players stopped progressing, etc). I don’t know, could even win the « lotto » the way the Canes did in June."

Lots of fun. It crazy how we make statements with so much certainty but end up being totally wrong sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad