Sportsnet: Who stays and who goes on Senators’ list of pending free agents?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I do agree in BPA especially where this team is in the rebuild.

If they manage to get 2 of the top 4 then yes just go BPA and trade something else for a centerman or sign one, my point is they are likely going to draft a center. Having Tierney here long term isnt a solution anyway, thats the point I was trying to get across.

I think Stutzle will be a center at the NHL level. I do believe its almost a guarantee that Byfield and Stutzl go 2,3 respectively. So if the sens luck out and get Lafreniere and Raymond then hallelujah.

Unless Drysdale is ranked way ahead of Rossi then sure take him I just dont think there is much of a gap if any. The sens already have so many small d men it would be hard to add another especially with the center situation.

Thing is its not clear cut when it comes to Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Perfetti... Our scouts are going to like who they like in that list vs who you or I might like. Fortunately there is lots of talent there and if they have a preference I am not going to quibble that much.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The spin in here has been running strong for weeks now, it’s about time that lazy GM started his campaign!

I was thinking the same. People stating the organization is starting the spin. Now I understand where the real spin comes from. LOL.

There are no for sure deals to be made. It is likely we will end up keeping more of what we are going to be not so happy about and we lose more of the Pageau and Duclair types for higher pics

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sounds about right. Either way, most deals happen near or at the trade deadline for a reason, and it’s not because all of the GMs are on vacation and it doesn’t occur to them to just trade players sooner!

I’m more stoked that PD is off to Europe to scout players for the upcoming draft, which is so much more important to our organization than this years TDL.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was thinking the same. People stating the organization is starting the spin. Now I understand where the real spin comes from. LOL.

There are no for sure deals to be made. It is likely we will end up keeping more of what we are going to be not so happy about and we lose more of the Pageau and Duclair types for higher pics
Only now you realize?

You were literally calling people trolls for this last week.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Shane Pinto, Lassi Thompson, JBD? Not unexpected enough for you? They may all prove to be fine choices, but they were definitely off the board. My concern is that we end up picking in the 5-10 range and PD goes off the board. No one else worried?
JBD was off the board but not really the other two.

Thomson was CSB 15th ranked NA skater and he was selected 12th.

Pinto was CSB 28 ranked NA skater and he was selected 22nd.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Pageau, Duclair, C Brown, Paul, DeMelo and Boro (as a 7) should stay. They are the veteran presence as the youth develops. everyone of the others should go where by trade, buyout or waivers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Should trade: all the UFAs
Won't be able to trade because nobody wants them - Sabourin, Boedker, Namestikov, Goloubef & Szwarz but should let all these guys go at the end of the season with maybe the exception of Sabourin for next season.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Bruce said if he take a hometown discount. What will be a hometown 5 for 4.5 ?

A team that is 50 mill under the cap ceiling wants yet another player to take a hometown discount..lol

Trading him is the right thing to do, and this time most people also feel this way. I just wish Garrioch and the org would quit the bull, trade him and move along. No need for spin anymore. This "hometown discount" junk is getting old.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Bruce said that? I missed the intermissions today.

If so no question he will be staying.

What Bruce hypothesized is; the Sens will see if he accepts a home town discount. I heard the interview.

1)We have no idea if that is Bruce or the club 2) even if accurate, we don't know any details

Reactions: DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What Bruce hypothesized is; the Sens will see if he accepts a home town discount. I heard the interview.

1)We have no idea if that is Bruce or the club 2) even if accurate, we don't know any details

No but we know Pageau likes it in the Ottawa/Gatineau area and so does his better half. After that I think its being hopeful but its not out of the question either.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
No but we know Pageau likes it in the Ottawa/Gatineau area and so does his better half. After that I think its being hopeful but its not out of the question either.

Probably, but what is a home town discount? We don't know what dollar value Pageau is thinking (and term) , and dollar and term the club would like.

If they end up being too far apart...Then unless Mrs. Pageau exerts influence beyond belief, the gap may be too large to overcome. 3-4 weeks is all we have to wait.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think Pageau would like Vegas or LA or Tampa or other warmer place better.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Watching this game made me want to keep Namestnikov. Great 3rd liner who does all the little things well and he plays great with Brown.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Watching this game made me want to keep Namestnikov. Great 3rd liner who does all the little things well and he plays great with Brown.
This was his only good game in a long time. I was also initially favorable to keeping him, but he's been invisible in most games.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Florida just lost Driedger to a groin pull for at least a few weeks. Their goalies are dropping like flies. I initially thought that Anderson was untradeable, but if we can get creative with the cap hit to make sure Florida is OK we can probably sent Anderson there for a low pick. The low pick is basically loose change - this would be to clear our pending crease logjam, and send Anderson back home and to a playoff contender. Heck, they might even sign him for next year as a low cost backup if he wants to keep playing...

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Florida just lost Driedger to a groin pull for at least a few weeks. Their goalies are dropping like flies. I initially thought that Anderson was untradeable, but if we can get creative with the cap hit to make sure Florida is OK we can probably sent Anderson there for a low pick. The low pick is basically loose change - this would be to clear our pending crease logjam, and send Anderson back home and to a playoff contender. Heck, they might even sign him for next year as a low cost backup if he wants to keep playing...
You don’t see the rumor in ours trade tread that he could be trade to Florida for a third

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->