Speculation: Who stays and who goes? (Forwards)

BeerLeagueAllStar

Dec 27, 2009
Vermont
The Datsyuk line doesnt have a) anyone who shoots and b) right hand shot

True, but who belongs there instead? It isn't Samuelsson, that's for sure - although he could end up there anyway. I'd like it to be Semin, but I don't see that happening. I just don't see anyone else who is a good fit there, and those 3 played well as a line last year.

And it won't be any of Tootoo/Eaves/Mursak either.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
You're right. I shouldn't be arguing with someone who thinks Hudler can be a 40 goal scorer if he shoots more and never got a fair shot at the top 6 :facepalm:

And I shouldn't be arguing with someone who refuses to see reality and acknowledge possibilities.
It is what it is.

If Hudler shot as much as Franzen last season (127 vs 211 respectively) at his rate of 19.7%, that equals 41.567 goals.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If Hudler were to score 41.567 goals, ever, I will eat a flaming pile of dog **** and post the video on Youtube for all to see

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Also, **** you, ****. If Hudler shot as much as Franzen last season (127 vs 211 respectively) at his rate of 19.7%, that equals 41.567 goals.

You must be related to Hudler if you are taking this so seriously. I didn't insult you, show some class. You don't have revert to insults because your statements are so mindnumbingly dumb.

Hudler never scored 40 goals and never will. If he shoots more, he'll get 40 goals? It's always "technically" possible, but highly unlikely.

I'm not saying he will -- nor am I saying it's even remotely likely -- just that it is technically possible.

It "technically" possible for me to **** every Victoria's Secret model. I'm not saying it's remotely likely, but "technically" possible!

Please, you're asking me to be realistic?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
You must be related to Hudler if you are taking this so seriously. I didn't insult you, show some class. You don't have revert to insults because your statements are so mindnumbingly dumb.

:facepalm:

Hudler never scored 40 goals and never will. If he shoots more, he'll get 40 goals? It's always "technically" possible, but highly unlikely.

It "technically" possible for me to **** every Victoria's Secret model. I'm not saying it's remotely likely, but "technically" possible!

Please, you're asking me to be realistic?

There really seems to be a lack of reading comprehension around here. I suppose it's time for another hiatus. Sigh.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Hudler probably has a better chance at meeting Bilbo Baggins in the shire than he does scoring 40 goals. I could see him hitting 30-30 though.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Hudler probably has a better chance at meeting Bilbo Baggins in the shire than he does scoring 40 goals. I could see him hitting 30-30 though.

Hudler probably has a better chance of meeting Bilbo than Franzen does...

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
The question to ask is who in GR loses their waiver exempt status after this year. The answer to that question will go a long way to answering the quiestion in the OP. I used to keep up w these things more, but dropped the ball lately.

I see a top 5 of Z, Dats, Brunner, Flip, and Franzen
Bottom 6 include Helm, Gator, and I'd say Tootoo is making a case to get re-signed.
That leaves 4 dressed spots needing to be filled. I know there's more players signed, but we've got those two buyouts available. Though Holland is probably too loyal to use 'em, they're currently still in play. If I can find the answer to my question, I'll continue this analysis later.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I would't mind if our "for sure" 2013-2014 line-up heading into the off-season to look something like this:

Franzen - Z - Nose
Flip - Datsyuk - Bert
Tatar - Helm - Nyquist
Abby - Sheahan - Tootoo

Kronner - Ericsson
Smith - White
? - ?

*maybe* keep Kindle depending on how he plays out the rest of the year.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Byron/Stajan - Iginla
Cammy - Stajan/Byron - Stempniak
Comeau - Jones - Jackman

Huds is on their top line. He's playing like it. Pots his 4th goal tonight against Dallas and has 9 pts now.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if we can convert Tootoo into something like Clarkson? Former enforcer hitter type that scores :D

It doesn't seem like they plan on giving him any sort of offensive minutes on this club. Truth to the matter though is that he scored 30 points last year and has scored at about a similar pace(but in less games) to Abdelkader over the last couple of seasons. The guy wouldn't exactly make a fool of himself on the third line.

I would't mind if our "for sure" 2013-2014 line-up heading into the off-season to look something like this:

Franzen - Z - Nose
Flip - Datsyuk - Bert
Tatar - Helm - Nyquist
Abby - Sheahan - Tootoo

Kronner - Ericsson
Smith - White
? - ?

*maybe* keep Kindle depending on how he plays out the rest of the year.

Love the forward lines. I'd switch Bert and Nyquist though, feel like that third line would be a little too easy to play against otherwise. I think those four D's are the keepers too. If we could find a top pairing and top four guy on top of them we'd start to look pretty good.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Byron/Stajan - Iginla
Cammy - Stajan/Byron - Stempniak
Comeau - Jones - Jackman

Huds is on their top line. He's playing like it. Pots his 4th goal tonight against Dallas and has 9 pts now.

Just like Brunner has 9 points, plays on the top line, and is 75% cheaper. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad