Prediction Contest: Who starts @Winter Classic

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
it better be Bernier!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is OUR NUMBER ONE GOALIE:yo::yo::yo:

He's not our number one goalie, yet! Not by a long shot, as yet.

Maybe, later on this season, if and only if, Reimer is traded at or near the deadline for an upgrade on D.

So far, Bernier has not proven to be much better than Riemer. Bernier has a lot more to do to improve his consistency and stop letting in goals at the wrong times!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not sure either,

C) Doesn't matter

or

D) Don't care

Finally, an answer I can get behind. Well Done!

:sarcasm:?

Sure, Let's look at stats without context. :shakehead:

There's people on this board that thinks James Reimer is better than Carey Price. It's ridiculous.

Usually when people put stats "in context", it means they twist them so that they show what they want them to show. At this point there is zero proof that Bernier is better than Reimer. Sorry, but there just isn't.

there is a reason Bernier has more games played...

unless you are suggesting that you know more than leafs management

At this point, I'd say my cat knows more than leafs management.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I really think it will depend on the game or two before.

I think people also need to remember it being outside and all that jazz is an NHL promotion. It is for the fans. Many players find it to be a pain in the ass. Literally....in the past the league issued warnings to players that they must talk positively about it in the media.

The idea of splitting it because it is "special" is silly. It is 2 points plain and simple. Whoever seems to give the best chance of winning gets the start. If they split it will only mean one of them or the whole team is struggling.

I voted Bernier but I don't really care. If it is really cold it might be better to be Bernier because Reimer tends to get more extended and might be marginally more likely to pull a muscle or something, but really I"m perfectly fine with either starting.

Sadly I am not terribly optimistic about the game, but the Leafs are so inconsistent that who knows....they could light the Wings up.

Interesting that they may very well face Gus at the other end too. I can only imagine Gus nation on this board if he shuts the Leafs out in such a high profile game :laugh:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
He's not our number one goalie, yet! Not by a long shot, as yet.

Maybe, later on this season, if and only if, Reimer is traded at or near the deadline for an upgrade on D.

So far, Bernier has not proven to be much better than Riemer. Bernier has a lot more to do to improve his consistency and stop letting in goals at the wrong times!

Reimer hasn't outplayed Bernier either.

If Reimer can improve his rebound control and glove hand then Bernier can improve his ability to stop allowing soft goals (like Price)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad