Who starts opening night?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I'd say Reimer. With what he did for us last season, he at least deserves the opening night start. Then Bernier gets the next night against Philly.

This is how I see it too. Both of them have played well in camp, I don't think you can definitively say either has stolen the job with their play. Though we still have another 2 games so let's see.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Reimer has done everything NOT to LOSE the starting job. Therefore he should get the nod to start the season.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I'd say Reimer. With what he did for us last season, he at least deserves the opening night start. Then Bernier gets the next night against Philly.

sioux eh

first time seeing a poster who lived somewhat near my town lol

And yeah I think it will be Bernier to show off our shiny new toy against the Habs, even though it should be reims

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
originally I would have said Bernier and ultimately I think he will be the #1 guy
he's TL's guy

but considering the preseason and Reimer being the incumbent he should get the start.

Bernier hasn't done anything to supplant him and Reimer hasn't done anything to deserve not being the starter.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
The guy you just traded for and signed to $2.9 a year.

Bernier gets the start.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't start Reimer.
They've both had great preseasons but Reimer played outstanding last year and it would be pretty disrespectful to not have him there opening night. If Bernier ends up beating him out, thats fine but Reimer should get a fair shot to be #1

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I accidental voted Reimer. Personally, you have to start the hometown guy in Montreal. I think people are putting too much stock in the first game. It's back-to-back games and the start goaltender won't probably be known until January, or more.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Bernier, so when Price starts mouthing off he can get put in his place.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
I've gotta say, Carlyle choosing Bernier over Reimer would be quite uncalled for based on his belief in merit and seniority. It would be hypocritical.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I say Bernier for the hometown boy excuse. It lets you split the two games between the goalies without necessarily declaring one as the number one goalie.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Guys on TSN radio were saying that Reimer looked better thus far in the pre-season.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I voted Bernier because that's what I'd like to see, but in reality Reimer probably gets it. Reimer has had the edge this preseason thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad