Who should win the Calder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
tom_servo said:
I guess it just seems anti-climactic to have someone other than the Big Two win the Calder.

Awards should go to who is most deserving, not who makes for the best story. This is why I'm glad the awards are voted on by the writers and not chosen by the NHL.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
EroCaps said:
What would happen if they just decided to give it to both of them?

:win: :win:

That would require the voting to come out exactly even. I'm not actually sure that's possible using the NHL's points-based system.

Once again, do people not understand that "they" here does not mean the NHL, and it's not like there is some conference call where they debate who should be rookie of the year or something?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Epsilon said:
Awards should go to who is most deserving, not who makes for the best story. This is why I'm glad the awards are voted on by the writers and not chosen by the NHL.

I think it may very well be decided on "Best story" though, I mean, these people that vote have got to be influenced by all the media coverage Crosby gets....altho thats a far cry from a guarantee of anything.

Transported Upstater

Jon Prescription said:
Lundqvist is at least making a helluva case.

But I really have no doubt that Crosby will win it.

Maybe being away from New York state has blurred my view, but to me, regardless of how many goals Jagr scores, I think HL is NY's MVP right now.

Jaysfanatic*

Ovechkin, my god Ovechkin. He's sick, and a better all around player than Crosby. He smoked Colin White today, and yikes, he's scary to watch.......it's gotta be AO, he's accounted for 45% of all Caps scoring plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->