Speculation: Who should we send to the all-star game

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I said AA for one reason only. Nobody on the Wings is going to "deserve" a spot at the ASG; since the NHL has gone to the "everyone gets a participation trophy" model, might as well send someone exciting.

There probably won't be enough forward spots anyway, so Bernier it is.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I said AA for one reason only. Nobody on the Wings is going to "deserve" a spot at the ASG; since the NHL has gone to the "everyone gets a participation trophy" model, might as well send someone exciting.

There probably won't be enough forward spots anyway, so Bernier it is.

He's not that exciting, especially when he has gone 12 games without scoring a goal and is on pace to be the lowest +/- in the history of the NHL.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I agree with Mantha, or anyone from the wings top line although I think the all-star game gets a little watered down with the all teams approach now, not that I really care about the all star game honestly.

I think if you look for the Easts top 4 centers it's hard to justify Larkin in there, but the East's top 8 wingers Mantha is a better argument if a red wing is mandatory.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
As it stands now, Mantha deserves it the most, but might be squeezed out due to the depth at forward. If he can’t go, it has to be Hronek.

If we were making the decision today, I’d bet that the Wings would send Larkin and the other teams would be forced to send a different position.
No but we aren't sending a forward here's why.

Point, Stamkos, Bergeron, Pasta, Marchand, Marner, Tavares, Marshmallow, Barkov, Huberdeau, Eichel, etc. Even all of them aren't going each division sends 6 forwards.

Tell me which 6 are not going over Mantha?
Rielly, Dahlin, Hedman, Weber, Chabot, Krug, Ekblad ...which 5 aren't going over Hronek?
Rask, Hutton, Price, Halak, Andersen, Vasilevskiy ...which 5 aren't going over Howard?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Rielly, Dahlin, Hedman, Weber, Chabot, Krug, Ekblad ...which 5 aren't going over Hronek?
Rask, Hutton, Price, Halak, Andersen, Vasilevskiy ...which 5 aren't going over Howard?

Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Eichel, Huberdeau, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Stamkos, Kucherov, Point. Add in players like Skinner, Drouin, Domi, Tkachuk.

You have Mantha and Larkin (maybe Bertuzzi, but I am electing to leave him out). You can keep 6 forwards, and have a list of 18 names. Sure, Larkin or Mantha will be in the discussion, but the star power at the forward position is ridiculous.

As for your list of defenseman, Ekblad doesn't go. Krug doesn't go. Weber doesn't go. I think Chabot is a lock. I need two more defensemen. Any of Dahlin, Rielly, and Hedman could be odd men out because of the forwards on their team.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The All-Star game is for kids and parents. They want to see star players and dream team combos. Larkin is the only one I can see the little ones being excited about. Howard still has some name recognition. And Mantha would be fine, perhaps.

Anyone from our blue line will result in a bunch of 8-year-olds going, "Who?"

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
AA

That way he will at least one thing that looks positive when he negotiate's his RFA contract.

AttilaTheFun

Nov 18, 2018
Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Eichel, Huberdeau, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Stamkos, Kucherov, Point. Add in players like Skinner, Drouin, Domi, Tkachuk.

You have Mantha and Larkin (maybe Bertuzzi, but I am electing to leave him out). You can keep 6 forwards, and have a list of 18 names. Sure, Larkin or Mantha will be in the discussion, but the star power at the forward position is ridiculous.

As for your list of defenseman, Ekblad doesn't go. Krug doesn't go. Weber doesn't go. I think Chabot is a lock. I need two more defensemen. Any of Dahlin, Rielly, and Hedman could be odd men out because of the forwards on their team.

That's pretty realistic. Boston, Tampa Bay, and Florida have some fantastic forwards to send. Montreal can send Price. There's a good opportunity for Detroit to send Hronek.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Nobody.

No one on this team is currently among the top 10 of their respective position in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad