Speculation: Who should we send to the all-star game

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
I know it’s early but this team has nothing else good to talk about so let’s talk about our good players.

I think we should send mantha and AA I think mantha because he is a big man with big skill and he is having a good year I also think AA because he would be a good competitor in the speed contest and he has some good skill
But that’s all I think so what are your thoughts

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It won't be a forward, with the new format there are always lots of good forwards in the decision. Since there are so few that go it will probably be a defensmen or forward. So either Hronek or Howard

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Does Howard need a save percentage of .900 to qualify?

No but we aren't sending a forward here's why.

Point, Stamkos, Bergeron, Pasta, Marchand, Marner, Tavares, Marshmallow, Barkov, Huberdeau, Eichel, etc. Even all of them aren't going each division sends 6 forwards.

Tell me which 6 are not going over Mantha?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
As it stands now, Mantha deserves it the most, but might be squeezed out due to the depth at forward. If he can’t go, it has to be Hronek.

If we were making the decision today, I’d bet that the Wings would send Larkin and the other teams would be forced to send a different position.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I feel as of today it would have to be Mantha, Bert and Larkin would be in the conversation, but it shouldnt be anyone else. With the format though, you never know. If Hronek keeps getting better, I could see it being him. I'd actually be psyched if the kid made the all star team.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
All Star game.... AA? What in the world. Give him the C while you're at it, it's not like we have anyone else to skate fast at an all star event.

Last edited:

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Birmingham
I know it’s early but this team has nothing else good to talk about so let’s talk about our good players.

I think we should send mantha and AA I think mantha because he is a big man with big skill and he is having a good year I also think AA because he would be a good competitor in the speed contest and he has some good skill
But that’s all I think so what are your thoughts
AA is the furthest thing from an All Star. Back to my French Toast.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Larkin has earned it the most. Mamtha might be the best choice. Hronek will go due to the forwards in the division. It can't be Howard anymore. I know that the skater spots are tougher competition but we need to send at least a good player

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Mantha obviously.

To compete in a skilled competition, I believe you have to be an All Star first. Athanasiou is not an All Star.

Don't see Larkin making it over Mantha. Also, the division is too stacked for both players to make it on the worst team in the league.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
1.Mantha
2. Larkin
3. Hronek

I'm not sure we have anyone else who wouldn't be laughable.
If there's a single name on the HM list it's Tyler Bertuzzi.

Mantha or Larkin should rep DRW. I could see the scenario for Hronek but I think Mantha is the guy this far, but Larkin is right there with him and the face of the team.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If there's a single name on the HM list it's Tyler Bertuzzi.

Mantha or Larkin should rep DRW. I could see the scenario for Hronek but I think Mantha is the guy this far, but Larkin is right there with him and the face of the team.
It would be good for Mantha in what is going to be a brutally bad season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->