Who should The panthers draft?

PanthersFanatic12

Aug 2, 2005
who do u guys think the panthers should draft at 10th spot ( which is their likely spot at this moment) . We need some future 1st liner in our system, or at least some second liners. We have some capable goaltending prospects but none that looks number 1 quality. blue chip defensive prospects are a need . So who would be the best player available at floirda draft position , in ur opinion ?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Alzner maybe if he slips (doubtful but you never know, I've seen him slipping out of the top 5 of late), Esposito is a likely candidate for that position, maybe Gagner..Mayorov(sp) from Russia is also a possibility.

Bryzga lol*

Not that Esposito or Frolik are busts...but I can't see the Panthers going back-to-back drafting players with big question marks with their top 10 picks two years in a row.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
who do u guys think the panthers should draft at 10th spot ( which is their likely spot at this moment) . We need some future 1st liner in our system, or at least some second liners. We have some capable goaltending prospects but none that looks number 1 quality. blue chip defensive prospects are a need . So who would be the best player available at floirda draft position , in ur opinion ?

10th is a tough spot to be in IMO there is a pretty set top 8 with Esposito as a wild card and possibly Mayorov if he has a good U-18. So i guess the obvious picks at 10

At 10 presuming the order above goes as expected (which is a big assumption) i think its down to 3 forwards Espo, Mayorov and Sutter or a d-man like Ellerby.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
At 10 presuming the order above goes as expected (which is a big assumption) i think its down to 3 forwards Espo, Mayorov and Sutter or a d-man like Ellerby.

I can agree with that. I doubt they consider Sutter at that position though (at least not 10th overall), unless he goes on a rampage in the playoffs. They could use a sniper on the wings IMO with some speed.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
With Frolik developing very nicely, i think we can afford to take another risk on a high risk offensive forward, although im not excited by the thought of drafting Esposito.

Isn't 2008 really deep for defense? We actually have a good Defense core, and whilst our system is weak on D, we have a bigger need for another offensive guy IMO. We can draft a defenseman next year when hopefully we draft alot lower

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I think that if no one really fall, they should try to trade down a couple of spots, get extra picks and take a guy like Repik or :eek::eek::eek::eek:i...

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Petrecki's fine, I just think that Ellerby is marginally better. And of course, if Alzner's still available, he's by far the best option.

The Panthers are such a disaster area it's hard to picture anyone they take helping them that much. I thought that when they took Horton and Stewart in the first round in '03 that it was the beginning of a rebirth, especially when coupled with Luongo and Bouwmeester. Guess I was wrong...

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Petrecki's fine, I just think that Ellerby is marginally better. And of course, if Alzner's still available, he's by far the best option.

The Panthers are such a disaster area it's hard to picture anyone they take helping them that much. I thought that when they took Horton and Stewart in the first round in '03 that it was the beginning of a rebirth, especially when coupled with Luongo and Bouwmeester. Guess I was wrong...

They're really not as much of a disaster as you might think. 33-30-14 thus far for 80 points is far from cellar dwellers. Frolik will be in the mix in a couple years, he's training with the team now, and Weiss and Horton have stepped up to become legitimate 1st/2nd line players (2nd in Weiss's case). The defense is very solid plus it has depth now with the Murphy signing and Welch acquisition so we'll possibly have 9 capable NHL dmen next fall in camp. Goaltending is the huge question mark but that's really it. We need a little more offense up front and the goalie situation fixed but other than that the team is looking as good as it has this second half of the season since 2001 when they made the playoffs last.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i can see florida picking petrecki. he will be great. he just has a pretty long way to go to reach he's potential.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Either Sutter or Mayorov, assuming the Big 9 go in the anticipated order(including Ellerby). I would pass on Esposito and Petrecki at #10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->