Who should the Leafs start in the playoffs?(if the goal is to win)

Who should the Leafs start in the playoffs?

• Ilya Samsonov

Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Joseph Woll

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Martin Jones

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Matt Murray

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Dennis Hildeby

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Just strap some pads on Mitch Marner or John Tavares, it wont make a difference with this system

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Murray fan in me would love to see the Cinderella story and watch him come back and shine.

But the realistic part of me knows he'd probably tweak a groin and be out long term after making his first save on a routine shot from the blueline.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Who are you kidding?

First round exit is what will happen

You know it, we all know it, you guys just need to accept it

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Samsanov has been more than good enough since returning. His play the 1st 2 months are historically bad, so his numbers won't show how well he's played.

I'd ride Sammy until he falls off and hope Will can come in and steal games when needed.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
None are confidence inspiring but I think the move is start Samsonov but transition to Woll

Woll doesn’t get rattled, he can block out the noise and shake off bad goals. That type of mental fortitude is what wins in the playoffs.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Samsonov’s net right now but wouldn’t be surprised to see Woll take over at some point.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That be a miracle if he plays at all. Would be a good story for sure! I wish him all the best but be very surprised if he plays in the playoffs.
They said last week, he’s back on the ice practicing, didn’t check if true.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
They said last week, he’s back on the ice practicing, didn’t check if true.
Well, considering they have Samsonov, Woll, and Jones why would he get time? No offense but he has not seen NHL game in how long? Maybe he will get to play in AHL?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well, considering they have Samsonov, Woll, and Jones why would he get time? No offense but he has not seen NHL game in how long? Maybe he will get to play in AHL?
No offense taken.
Just googled, he took part in his first full practice 8 days ago.
Was on the ice for the first time late February .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad