Who should the Habs draft with its first-rounder?

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
:facepalm:

Just turned 19, 6'7" 212 lbs. Yeah, it's time to right him off- he's a bust :shakehead

He's slow, doesn't use his body to his advantage nearly enough when he should be able to manhandle 98% of all players in the OHL, provides no offence, and is being outplayed by the younger d-man on the team.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
He's slow, doesn't use his body to his advantage nearly enough when he should be able to manhandle 98% of all players in the OHL, provides no offence, and is being outplayed by the younger d-man on the team.

You're definitely not biased when bashing a habs prospect are you?

Anyway, I would be so happy if they traded down to get Armia. They'd have to really bust their ass to get down that low, but he's perfect for the team. Him and Eller would make a killer duo.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585

Anyway, I would be so happy if they traded down to get Armia. They'd have to really bust their ass to get down that low, but he's perfect for the team. Him and Eller would make a killer duo.

Definitely not. This is what I've heard from London fans too.

Harrington is the better d-man at the moment in my opinion. But that could change.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Believe it or not the Habs have drafted out of the US with their first pick since Price. They only happened to select a French Canadian in Leblanc but in reality he was also USHL rookie of the year and went the NCAA route til this season. Basically whoever the Habs select will likely follow this pattern.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I love Jurco and what he brings to the table. But I feel montreal need a pwer foward like
Dmitri Jaskin. I heard that this kid might be the real deal. SO montreal could get him with there 1st rounder and maybe with there 2nd.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

While its way too early to write him off, by all accounts he has been atrocious this season.

Its way too hard to predict any picks after 10-12 imo. There are so many guys who are so close between there and the bottom half of the 2nd.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd like to see them go with a d-man i think, assuming there are still some solid 1st round talents available when they pick. and there certainly should be.

I know they went that way last year, but i'm still not a fan of the Tinordi pick. I think he'll probably be an alright player in time, but i didn't like him as a 1st rounder then, and i still don't now. And i think the Habs defence is a bit of a questionmark moving forward. They have a couple good pieces there, but could still certainly use another top-end d-prospect.

Obviously a lot of factors there though...where their pick is and who is left on the board are pretty big wildcards at the moment. And obviously if there's a highly skilled forward sliding to them, you hope they take him if given the chance. But all else being equal, i'd focus on defence with that 1st rounder.

arsmaster*

Could see it being any of these 3 based on availability.

Tyler Biggs
Brandon Saad
Seth Ambroz

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad