Who should the Habs draft with its first-rounder?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Only guy in that range i get to see in the Q is Phillips. Seems like a good player, smart and can put the puck in the net. Not sure how effective he would be on a 2nd or 3rd line though, I think that guy thrives off good line mates like what hes doing with huberdeau. Not saying hes not a good player, but I think hes more likely to be the #2 in a 1,2 scoring threat

Analyzer*

Unless it's Couturier I hope the habs stay away from the Q for the first round.

Zibanejad (probably a pipe dream now)
Olesiak
McNeil
Musil
Someone who's high end talent who fell ? Though, does Montréal really have a prospect pool capable of being able to survive a risk like that, especially with no 2nd ?

SeriousFan09

Jul 15, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
I'm favouring Nicklas Jensen if he lasts that long, Zibanejad is likely going to go too early, McNeill or Jurco after that, depends how much boom/bust risk you want in the 1st-round pick. McNeill is safer but Jurco has a higher offensive ceiling.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Zibanejad and Jensen are probably my 2 favorites picks, but I don't know if they still gonna be available.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
If we were to go far in the playoffs, I'd take a chance on Tomas Jurco as a late 1st round. Our prospect at the RW position is really weak and Danny Kristo is our only potable prospect. Jurco showed everybody that he has sick stick handling skills and he can play a physical game too. He would be my number 1 pick or I'd go with Phillip Danault.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Trevor Timmins loves hard-worcking two-way players with speed... so I guess Mika Zibanejad is the number 1 or Mark McNeill. In a personal side, i have no problem if we pick Matt Puempel. We need offensive foward in our prospect pool. In the backend, with Josh Gorges, Yannick Weber, P.K. Subban, Jarred Tinordi, Greg Pateryn, Morgan Ellis (I love this player), I don't think we need to pick a d-man in the first round. If we are very lucky, Seth Ambroz will probably fall to the 3rd round but I don't think so. Big and mean skilled foward like this is just what we need. I like Mark McNeill but I don't want this player with the Habs 1st pick. We have several two-way centers/wingers with 3rd line (or 2nd line) potential. IMO, we need offense. This is why if Zibanejad (#1) and Puempel (#2) aren't available, I hope we trade our 1st round pick for two second round pick (or a good prospect ... like the Sens last year).

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Trevor Timmin's Secret Draft List Revealed:

Top 5

1-Rocco Grimaldi.* Must draft, perfect fit for team.

2-Nicklas Jensen. Ideal winger for Lars.

3-Dmitrij Jaskin. Steal of the first round.

4-Matt Puempel. See above.

5-Phillipe Hudon Big, fast, smart, French.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
You guys can forget about Zibanejad. He's not getting past us with the Pred's pick :nod:

Might as well start booing him now :laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I hope they go with BPA. The worst thing you can do in round 1 is draft for need. Go after the player with the highest upside or best cahnce of developing into a 1st line/1st pair/#1 goalie.

SimonD92

Mar 2, 2011
MTL
Someone who have a good size and skills obviously.

I don't know really well prospects for the next draft, but by looking quickly on the web, maybe someone like Victor Rask would be a nice pick ?

And what about Brandon Saad ? Can someone tell me more about this player ?

SeriousFan09

Jul 15, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
If we were to go far in the playoffs, I'd take a chance on Tomas Jurco as a late 1st round. Our prospect at the RW position is really weak and Danny Kristo is our only potable prospect. Jurco showed everybody that he has sick stick handling skills and he can play a physical game too. He would be my number 1 pick or I'd go with Phillip Danault.

LW is where MTL is really weak, futurew depth is Conboy, Masse, Lefebvre, MacMillan and Westin, ouch.

At RW, Habs have Avtsin, Kristo, Quailer, Trunev, Palushaj and potentially Leblanc if he switchs over to RW.

FiveForDrawingBlood

May 25, 2010
Knowing that the Habs' first is that of a playoff team... they're likely to draft from 18 downward. Who should they draft, assuming they kept that draft pick?

Early favorite be Jensen. I would stay away from the WHL in first round, we've had terrible luck out there. Not opposed to trading the pick and getting a prospect we liked from a previous draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad