Who Should Start (The Playoffs Goaltending Thread)

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
You ride CDS unless he has a meltdown like he did in Minnesota. Unless the coaches see something we don't I don't think Silovs would give us a better chance to win.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
CDS is better as a backup... I try and split the starts between them. Let them both know the plan. If one guy gets hot... Ride him. so having said that I go to Silvos tomorrow.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Maybe one more game for DeSmith, but it's worthwhile to remember how hot Silovs got at the world's last year.

From what I've seen of DeSmith, the Canucks aren't going to win a cup with him. If Demko is out long term, might be worthwhile to take a hail mary on Silovs

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
one more loss for desmith and then go with silovs. he gets one loss and then back to desmith, unless that loss is after a series win.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You ride CDS unless he has a meltdown like he did in Minnesota. Unless the coaches see something we don't I don't think Silovs would give us a better chance to win.

One thing with Silovs is that he has that big body. I don't think Silovs is better than DeSmith at this point but sometimes that big body just gets in the way of pucks. Hopefully DeSmith wins the next 3 games and we don't have to have this discussion yet.

Reactions: racerjoe

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I’m old enough to remember when Marc Crawford playing Alex Auld over Johan Hedberg in the 2004 playoffs was a bad idea after Cloutier got hurt.

Was it a bad idea? Looking back, Auld lost 1 goal games. His last two starts: Win in Triple OT and Loss in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad