who should replace J-vo and maybe Neids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
McCabe

Phaneuf is the runner up who should be named to the taxi squad if Nieds goes down

the other guys listed have no business on team canada

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I say pick Boyle. That way we could have 4 players off the 17th place Tampa Bay lightning.

:banghead:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
McCabe is the obvious replacement for Jovanovski.

Debating that would be ridiculous. McCabe should have been on the team before Jovanovski, but since that's no longer the debate it's best to drop it.

McCabe is the best choice for bringing an offensive replacement, as we all know Jovo wasn't going to be the anchor on D.

Phaneuf for Niedermayers spot though if it becomes available. Hannan to the taxi.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
i mean that its ridiculous that Lecavalier, St. Louis, Richards are all on the team.
i just want to add to the ridiculousness by adding another one in Boyle.

i think Tampa sits about 17th overall in the league this year.

GOTTHEMONEY--SPENDIT

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
GregStack said:
McCabe is the obvious replacement for Jovanovski.

Debating that would be ridiculous. McCabe should have been on the team before Jovanovski, but since that's no longer the debate it's best to drop it.

McCabe is the best choice for bringing an offensive replacement, as we all know Jovo wasn't going to be the anchor on D.

Phaneuf for Niedermayers spot though if it becomes available. Hannan to the taxi.

hmmm, i dont know, i mean the very fact that the NHL continues to participate in the olympics to showcase the pros, and with the emerging young stars in the league today, they should give him the spot. He's all fresh and new and everyone loves that so there you go.
All they need now is for someone upfront to go down and here comes Sid the kid, i can see the promo commercials now.

Wondercarrot said:
i mean that its ridiculous that Lecavalier, St. Louis, Richards are all on the team.
i just want to add to the ridiculousness by adding another one in Boyle.

i think Tampa sits about 17th overall in the league this year.
Ok... Tampa is 15th, first of all... and according to your logic...

Columbus is 26th in the league... Kick off Foote and Nash...
Florida is 24th in the league... Kick off Luongo...
Toronto is 18th in the league... Kick off McCabe...
Phoenix is 17th in the league... Kick off Doan...

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Lecavilier_4 said:

I think you are missing his point. Tampa isn't alot better than most of the teams listed right now but have 3 and possibly 4 (Boyle) guys playing on team Canada. I think most people outside of Tampa are wondering how St. Loius is on this team over Staal or Spezza. St. Loius looks like the poster boy for a "1 year wonder" campaign right now.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
ryz said:
I think you are missing his point. Tampa isn't alot better than most of the teams listed right now but have 3 and possibly 4 (Boyle) guys playing on team Canada. I think most people outside of Tampa are wondering how St. Loius is on this team over Staal or Spezza. St. Loius looks like the poster boy for a "1 year wonder" campaign right now.

I totally agree... St. Louis has to step up. Staal and Spezza deserve to be Olympians.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Ok... Tampa is 15th, first of all actually they are in a 3 way tie for 15th., so in fact 1 pt out of 17th.... and according to your logic...

you obviously misunderstand my logic. (although feel free to kick Doan off as well)

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Phaneuf is a beast and a spot on the taxi squad could be huge to his development. Oh, and he can already play the level too if forced into the lineup.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well McCabe will replace Jovo. But if Nieds doesnt go then I would put J-bo out there. I mean have you seen the way the guy can skate? He skates just as good if not better than Niedermayer and he's no defensive liability either out there. Then I would put Phaneuf on the taxi squad. But seriously I hope Nieds isnt injured at all, we need a recent Norris trophy winner on there.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Lecavilier_4 said:

Exactly. That's a very flawed little theory on Mr. Carrot's part.

Go Boyle! :handclap: (especially if it will produce more moaning and groaning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->