Who should Nashville take with their 15th pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I know its going to be a forward, I just don't know who yet; give me your thoughts on who you think Nashville should take (non-Predator posters) thanks

I've heard everything from Zajac (THN.com), to Chipchura(the safe pick) to Picard (if he drops that far)

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Knowing the Predators preference for WHL players I would think Chipchura would be there guy if he is there at 15.

X-SHARKIE

Chipchura is a likely bet....Because he's a great charector guy, the coaching staff would love him and use him alot, he has some untapped offensive skills, he has good size, he can skate well, he's a smart player, he's an all around hockey player with limited upside. He's as safe as a pick can get in that range.

I do expect the Preds to stay offensive threw the first round.

If Wojtek Wolski falls to 15th (he shouldn't) He would be a great pick, he would blossum under the Predators coaching staff, and devolopment system. I think that would be the best situation for both the Preds and Wojtek.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i agree with the sentiment that it will be Wolski or Chipchura. I would be SHOCKED if they selected offense-only Picard. That's just not the kind of guy the Preds like.

My hunch is...and it's just a hunch...but I think if neither of our guys is around, the Preds might trade the pick. For what? I don't know...but it wouldn't surprise me.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Well if Chicago does pick Cam Barker...I think it might be in the best interest of both CBus n Nashville (even though they play in the same division) to make a trade. CBus has the 4th and the Preds have a glut of defensemen. I'm thinking Klein, Sulzer and the 15th for the 4th overall. That way the Preds can select Olesz while the Jackets can take Valabik. Preds get a potential scoring centerman while Jackets walk away with nice defensive depth.

I think Nashville should really look to move up in the draft as those who will be available to them at 15 dont really fill their needs (need to get some scoring in there). If not, they should strongly consider adding more depth to defense or goaltending (Montoya might be a good pickup).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Hero of Tragedy said:
Well if Chicago does pick Cam Barker...I think it might be in the best interest of both CBus n Nashville (even though they play in the same division) to make a trade. CBus has the 4th and the Preds have a glut of defensemen. I'm thinking Klein, Sulzer and the 15th for the 4th overall. That way the Preds can select Olesz while the Jackets can take Valabik. Preds get a potential scoring centerman while Jackets walk away with nice defensive depth.

I think Nashville should really look to move up in the draft as those who will be available to them at 15 dont really fill their needs (need to get some scoring in there). If not, they should strongly consider adding more depth to defense or goaltending (Montoya might be a good pickup).

our defensive depth has made trading a great prospect like Klein(or even Hutchinson) possible. That's the one position we definitely do NOT need more depth at. Goaltending is pretty squared away, as well. If we're looking for scoring, it wouldn't be from a centerman, though. Poile\Trotz like defensive\playmaking centers...such is obvious from the fact that the centers hang at the blue line while guys like timonen and zidlicky jump into the rush. If we moved up to 4, we'd pick Ladd....not Olesz.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
nomorekids said:
our defensive depth has made trading a great prospect like Klein(or even Hutchinson) possible. That's the one position we definitely do NOT need more depth at. Goaltending is pretty squared away, as well. If we're looking for scoring, it wouldn't be from a centerman, though. Poile\Trotz like defensive\playmaking centers...such is obvious from the fact that the centers hang at the blue line while guys like timonen and zidlicky jump into the rush. If we moved up to 4, we'd pick Ladd....not Olesz.

What I meant is that it never hurts to add to an area of strong depth especially at defense. Ladd...Olesz whatever your pleasure is...I think that Rostislav would fit in better with the Preds and could be moved to the wing but if you are shooting for a strict winger Tukonen is the third best player in this draft IMO. Gimme Tuks over Ladd any day.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Hero of Tragedy said:
What I meant is that it never hurts to add to an area of strong depth especially at defense. Ladd...Olesz whatever your pleasure is...I think that Rostislav would fit in better with the Preds and could be moved to the wing but if you are shooting for a strict winger Tukonen is the third best player in this draft IMO. Gimme Tuks over Ladd any day.

normally i'd agree, but I was taking into consideration the fact that the preds seem to love WHL guys, especially ones that had chemistry with prospects currently in the system, especially those as highly regarded as brandon segal. it doesn't matter, though...because columbus won't move out of the top ten, i don't think.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
nomorekids said:
normally i'd agree, but I was taking into consideration the fact that the preds seem to love WHL guys, especially ones that had chemistry with prospects currently in the system, especially those as highly regarded as brandon segal. it doesn't matter, though...because columbus won't move out of the top ten, i don't think.

They would for that package.......yeesh thats alot to give up to pick a guy who just came off a huge concussion!

I'd say Chipchura, Wolski, or Radulov in that order if they are on the board.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think they should pick Radulov.

Not a run-of-the-mill Nashville player, but not totally against the grain, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad