Who Should Go ?

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
keep dahlin, everyone else is heartless trash.

I couldn't help but think of Eichel's Islanders post-game comments as the horn sounded to end the Columbus game.

He made it a point last game to stress that no one has quit on Phil and that that ugly loss was "on us" (the players) and so on...and then he mentioned how they need to work harder, blah, blah...

So then the team gives us this Columbus treasure of a game tonight.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In order: Housely, along with the entire coaching staff.

I'd bring in someone above J Botts to oversee the hockey org. Jbotts seems to have the right ideas (focus on building org depth, letting players develop in Rochester) but poor execution at the NHL level. I think having a veteran team builder above him for him to bounce ideas off would be good for the team.

After that, you take a scalpel to the roster. You want cuts, but you don't want Murray levels of nuke and pave.

Sobotka, Pominville, Scandella are all low hanging fruit. After that, you want to shuffle the lineup

After Eichel and Dahlin (and probably Montour/Reinhart as well), it's pretty much open season.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Pegula's should go. Sell the team to Amazon. Name Alexa President of Hockey Ops, General Manager, and Coach. Create Dash buttons to allow fans to draft, make trades, negotiate contracts, pick the lineup, line combinations, system of play etc. This will be the first team managed and coached by the fans. Actors can be hired to play the role of Coach and GM. Emelio Estevez is available! This could be the wave of the future with teams owned by Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Intel, etc..

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Housley for Q or AV
Botts gets one last season to make the playoffs or gets fired in summer of 2020.

Move Scandella+Bogosian on defense

Move Sobotka+Okposo out of the lineup. Moving them off the team is going to be nearly impossible but luckily Sobotka has one year left. I would gladly waive him and use the 1 mil saved on a minimum salary energy guy. Same with Okposo, eat the 5 mil next year and use the 1 mil on Olofsson or Nylander to be up instead.

Upgrade the 4th line. Girgs and Larsson are nothing special and very mediocre. We need a 4th line capable of more then 1 goal every 10 games. They also don't shut down shit.

Re-sign Skinner

Target a middle 6 vet center

Listen to offers for Risto. If a team offers a 26 or younger 2C who can score 55-65 points then I would move Risto

Re organize the PP

Shop for a true #1 goalie

This team is not that far off. Coaching is the major obstacle. You cannot win 10 games in a row or be first in the league on Dec 1 without a talented team.

Reactions: Vito_81

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
7zw2jzv.gif

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It’s more like “who should stay?”

Dahlin
Eichel
Reinhart
Montour
Pilut
Rodrigues
Skinner
Rochester guys(Nylander Asplund etc)

That’s about it

Reactions: MagnumForce2

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Housley and Allen need to be gone. Not sure about Payne and Smith, but let the new coach figure that out.

Don't re-sign: Pominville, 1 of Girgensons or Larsson (probably Girgs), Tennyson

Trade: Bogo, Risto and possibly Sheary. I'm ambivalent about Scandella. He might bounce back or be a serviceable third pair or #7. Willing to trade almost anyone else to bring in a legitimate 2C, but good luck finding one.

Figure out some way to get rid of if possible (probably not): Okposo, Sobotka

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
RE: girgensons, he's going to be paid too much for a 4th liner who contributes 4 goals. You can prop Malone (or some vet min 4th line type) up here in that role and save a million bucks.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
RE: girgensons, he's going to be paid too much for a 4th liner who contributes 4 goals. You can prop Malone (or some vet min 4th line type) up here in that role and save a million bucks.
Yeah, somebody who can also fight and hasn't given up.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It’s not just the goals. The Islanders 4th line came with speed and energy. I don’t get the love for Girgs and Tina lesser extent- Larry. I guess people like that they are at least average.
They were the top defensive line in the league for half a season until Housleys system got figured out.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
People keep throwing out Larry with the bath water. He's a GOOD hockey player. Fix all of the other holes and let him play, brings the lunchpail every night which is more that can be said for the other half of the F ranks.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They were a high sticking call from being tied. They were a little quick whistle and I stick and call away from winning. I can see where they might talk about liking their game today

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Any sign or form of displeasure in the stands, kick their butts and ship em to Siberia!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad