Who Should Go ?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Why does anyone want to dump Larry and Girgs, two of few guys who can fulfill their roles on this team? Not saying no to upgrades, but the team needs to build on what they have. They aren't part of the dead weight like Pommers, Okposo, Scandella, and Sobotka.

I hate to say that I'm not sure how much of that dead weight can be actually moved out of the org this off-season, but they damn well better be prepared to press box/demote those guys when they are outperformed in training camp by the likes of Olofsson, Borgen, Nylander, and, hopefully, some legit depth talent brought in.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Why does anyone want to dump Larry and Girgs, two of few guys who can fulfill their roles on this team? Not saying no to upgrades, but the team needs to build on what they have. They aren't part of the dead weight like Pommers, Okposo, Scandella, and Sobotka.

I hate to say that I'm not sure how much of that dead weight can be actually moved out of the org this off-season, but they damn well better be prepared to press box/demote those guys when they are outperformed in training camp by the likes of Olofsson, Borgen, Nylander, and, hopefully, some legit depth talent brought in.
I think Girgs needs a change of scenery. He stopped scoring, and i think it's a mental thing. He must be thinking he's nothing but a grinder anymore, maybe an idea given to him by the coaching staff.
But the problem is, by thinking this way, he is negating a lot of stuff while playing, mostly scoring and setting up chances, and just is all around offensive game.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think Girgs needs a change of scenery. He stopped scoring, and i think it's a mental thing. He must be thinking he's nothing but a grinder anymore, maybe an idea given to him by the coaching staff.
But the problem is, by thinking this way, he is negating a lot of stuff while playing, mostly scoring and setting up chances, and just is all around offensive game.
I'd move Girgs before Larsson for sure. Like I said, I'm not against upgrading them, but this thread is about shedding the team of problems. Those guys aren't problems. They're good 4th liners and quality PKers.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Fire Housley, buyout Okposo. Let Pommers walk. Work the phones hard to move Scandella and Bogosian. If a good trade can be made involving Ristolainen go for it. Don't trade him for a pile of crap just for the sake of getting him off this team (and yes a deal centered around JT Miller is a pile of crap). I'd gauge the market on McCabe as well, he could probably fetch a nice piece and I don't see him as a long-term piece on this blueline. I'd say trade Sobotka, but no one wants a completely useless POS for over 3 million dollars. He likely stays so make him the 13th forward or send him to Rochester. Don't f*** around with Larsson and Girgensons. They aren't problematic pieces on this team they play useful roles.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
anyone who can get us MULTIPLE LEGIT NHL pieces. Not a futures trade like ROR (though that became MUCH worse when Berglund left)

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Launch them into the Sun (if possible): Nelson, Mike Harrington, Hajt, Allen, Sobotka, Sheary (he doesn't get enough shaming around here IMO), Scandella, Nelson, Davis Payne, Tom Ward,

Hockey deal potential: Risto, Sam, Zemgus

Last Year/Hopefully Someone is Drunk Dialing: Hunwick, Bogo

Meh...what do you have to offer: Larsson, Girgs, Wilson

Untouchable/unlikely: Dahlin, Eich, Casey, Montour

Praying: Okposo

Goodbye, But You'll Always Be a Sabres: Pomms, Housley

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Launch them into the Sun (if possible): Nelson, Mike Harrington, Hajt, Allen, Sobotka, Sheary (he doesn't get enough shaming around here IMO), Scandella, Nelson, Davis Payne, Tom Ward,

Hockey deal potential: Risto, Sam, Zemgus

Last Year/Hopefully Someone is Drunk Dialing: Hunwick, Bogo

Meh...what do you have to offer: Larsson, Girgs, Wilson

Untouchable/unlikely: Dahlin, Eich, Casey, Montour

Praying: Okposo

Goodbye, But You'll Always Be a Sabres: Pomms, Housley
Doug Allen?

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The problems start with ownership, then move to the GM, then go to the HC, then move to 3/4 of the roster.

Other than that, we are in great shape.

There are maybe 4 names in the entire organization that are important to retain. The rest can be replaced and it won't impact our development. In fact, it would probably accelerate it.

Reactions: Professor Chaos

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
The problems start with ownership, then move to the GM, then go to the HC, then move to 3/4 of the roster.

Other than that, we are in great shape.

There are maybe 4 names in the entire organization that are important to retain. The rest can be replaced and it won't impact our development. In fact, it would probably accelerate it.
This is funny too.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Really? We lucked out when Berglund left. His contract was bad, bad.

yeah, we lucked out so much that Sobotka was forced into the shut down defensive role. Our record was so much better after Berglund left forcing players like Sobotka and Mitts into more minutes than they should have

Berglund played a key role on the team. Contract is not everything

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I knew it...

Doug Allen is busy practicing the Dark Arts when he isn't singing at games - his charismatic showmanship is an act and when he points his finger at the camera, he's literally sucking the soul out of every Sabre fan who fails to avert their gaze from the broadcast. He's an agent of the Hockey Gods, sent to defile our beloved team for embracing the tank.

BURN THE ANTHEM GUY!

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
sabretooth.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->