Who should go 3rd overall?

Whos goes 3rd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I would like Byram because as strong as the defensive prospect core you can never have too much defense (ask Carolina) and we need to improve the outlook on LHD.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Podkolzin, he's the best talent left after the top two and his biggest rival; Zegras; won't be ready any sooner.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good chance the Avs snag Pod

I'd love that, but I'm not so sure that we would. I'm expecting Turcotte or Byram because they're "safer" and address more pressing needs; and will be pleasantly surprised if we grab Pod, or (to a lesser extent) Zegras.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Given we know its Chi I think Byram makes the most sense by a mile. They can already score at will and will need to replace that entire defense. While they have drafted a bunch of D recently (which was smart) they still don't have someone like Byram in their system.

Otherwise I think you go with who you think can have the most immediate impact. So I'd say Pod if you can convince him to come over soon or one of the most ready centers like a Dach.

Turcotte does have the home town appeal as well.

They will have options but both in fit and in BPA I would go with Byram.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Good chance the Avs snag Pod

Avs biggest need is a 2c by a mile, so I feel like passing up on their possibly 5 solid options to take a Winger who wont be over anytime soon would be a massive mistake, especially with all the possible avenues to acquire one atm and essentially 0 ways of filling a legit 2c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad