Who should coach the Golden Knights

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think most of us here are in agreement that Debeor at least is not a coach that will win us a cup and worst needs to go now. Not that I expect management will sack him before it's too late.

Who do you replace him with, and in an ideal world where everyone is available who is the best fit for this team?

Reactions: Knightmare

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
So, due to life and work, I haven’t been following too closely since the first two years.

but, what is the culture of Knights hickey now?
Early on, the underdogs out working everyone and bringing a team and city together we’re big it seemed

The changes to make The Knights a continued contender makes sense, but it seems like there is almost a malaise. Some games, the team just looks slow, which after the first couple seasons is way different, and it also looks like a lot players are just going through the motions a lot.

like I said, haven’t watched closely until recently, but they just don’t look correct.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So, due to life and work, I haven’t been following too closely since the first two years.

but, what is the culture of Knights hickey now?
Early on, the underdogs out working everyone and bringing a team and city together we’re big it seemed

The changes to make The Knights a continued contender makes sense, but it seems like there is almost a malaise. Some games, the team just looks slow, which after the first couple seasons is way different, and it also looks like a lot players are just going through the motions a lot.

like I said, haven’t watched closely until recently, but they just don’t look correct.

It looks like a team that has tuned out the coach.

Deboer has a small shell life. Seems to always start of good, but then fizzles out.

Same thing is happening here.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I agree. I think it’s time for the coach to go. I wasn’t a big fan of bringing him on to begin with but I was able to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think any post season success this team has had has been in spite of him not because of him.

There is too much talent on this team. I just don’t think the system is right. Last nights 3 on 3 was laughable. Laughable in the sense that one of the lines was Patches, Pietrangelo and Eichel. That is what you’d ice at an all star game lol. We have the talent.

However with all that being said, I don’t think anyone worthwhile is available.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I agree. I think it’s time for the coach to go. I wasn’t a big fan of bringing him on to begin with but I was able to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think any post season success this team has had has been in spite of him not because of him.

There is too much talent on this team. I just don’t think the system is right. Last nights 3 on 3 was laughable. Laughable in the sense that one of the lines was Patches, Pietrangelo and Eichel. That is what you’d ice at an all star game lol. We have the talent.

However with all that being said, I don’t think anyone worthwhile is available.

The whole game was pretty much laughable in regards to our defense.

It is like they totally forgot how to play defense. 2 out of the 3 Kings goals came from pretty much a breakaway.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
With all the injuries and changes to the lineup this season was always going to be a mess no matter who coaches the team. It’s a huge struggle for this team to have the same players and same lineups 2 nights in a row.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I think some other factors can affect the team. Last night was another game without our team captain. Fleury was a leader and motivator and was traded. Martinez is an experienced veteran and has missed a ton of games. This is one reason why chemistry is so important. It helps so much to have players that have good character, experience and are leaders. In other words, in a way they are like coaches.

And when the front office and the media trade Fleury and have the mentality that “It’s a business,” players are going to realize they are being treated like robots instead of people. Why should the stars play extra hard? It’s just a business anyway.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think we know the right coach, but it would be one who has better systems that aren't so inflexible. The point shot dependence is God awful Pete, please stop. Especially when you have a team of guys who mostly don't want to battle in front of the net to tip pucks and bang home some rebounds. It's just insane the powers that be thought this f-ing clown was the solution. It's been the same story at every stop, brings in some discipline and it looks much better then players tune him and out and a firing follows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad