Who should be traded and for what

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Coburn I'd want at the very least a first.

Schultz for a 2nd

MDZ 2nd or keep him.

L Schenn hard to say what his value is...I certainly wouldn't just give him away. Probably hang on unless someone blows me away with an offer.

Streit would be a good mentor when the kids show up..but a contender might overpay for his skill.

Read...terrible year, we'd likely be selling low. He's better than this.

B Schenn only if someone wants to overpay.

Simmonds not friggin likely.

Jackstraw I'd let him go for some Amway products.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In order:
  • Schultz
  • MDZ
  • Coburn
  • Grossmann
  • Bellemare
  • Read
  • Raffl

Schultz and MDZ were one-year emergency additions, so anything Hextall gets for them is a bonus. As well, they could be enticing because they are off the trading team's books at the end of the season: true rental players.

Coburn could arguably bring back the most return, and I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger if he could garner a 1st or even Edmonton's 2nd + a good prospect / 2nd in 2016. Maybe Coburn + Emery for 2nd + Fasth?

Grossmann for 3rd or later is a favourable cap dump.

I'm not high on dealing Read, but if a good offer (ie, similar but slightly less than Coburn) comes along, I would go for it.

I'm hoping Hextall brings Bellemare back next season, and Raffl is good to round out the forward group, but if someone is willing to pay up for them, I'm not averse.

I didn't list Lecavalier, Umberger, MacDonald because I doubt GMs want them.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I voted Coburn. Should be multi choice and Grossmann should be there.

I would trade:

Coburn - good return and should not resign him as a ufa.
Schultz - should get a pick and should not resign him as a ufa (unless it would be at same price)
One of L.Schenn or Grossmann - with the other out the door at next year's deadline
Read - if he can get a decent return - 3 straight (on pace for) 20 goals and 3 in 46

Not tradeable barring some miracle: Lecavalier, Umberger and MacDonald.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I like Vinny might be an attractive choice for Ottawa. Remember when their were rumors Ottawa really wanted him this summer but the deal didn't get solved? I don't remember if it was him not willing or a deal not being worked out. Nashville and Florida are the only other options. Maybe Buffalo for some mentoring of the kids.

Coburn I would trade in a heartbeat. For some reasons the beats all think he is only worth a 2nd rounder..... I just don't understand how they think some times. Schenn, Grossmann, Del Zotto (he plays good for 5 games and everybody wants to re-sign him but then he plays like crap for 20 games), Schultz, Read.

Honestly, for one of the first times I have ever thought it, I would listen to offers on Couts and Simmonds. Not saying I trade them immediately but see what is out there in terms of value.

I honestly believe this team will start moving some pieces after the deadline. If we want a firesale, next year will be the year for that with so many UFA's, especially on the back end.

Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013
Guys I would actively look to get rid of at the trade deadline with low return expectations (addition by subtraction aka would be ok with a bag of pucks and a KFC famous bowl as a return)
-Grossmann
- Vinny
- Umberger
- Rinaldo

Guys I would only look to trade if we got a really good offer, but I'd rather keep to mentor the young prospects coming up
- Coburn
-Streit

Expendable, but no point because the return would be too low to the point where it'd be more worth it to just keep

- L Schenn
- MDZ
- Schultz
- CC
- emery
- vv

Core players that should not be moved:
- G
- jake
- Bschenn
- train
- mason
- Couturier
- Laughton
- any prospect

Wouldn't consider part of the core, but no reason why we would be looking to trade them
- read
- Raffl
- bellemare

Amac gets his own category, I would rather trade him cause I think he sucks, but I realize it's probably not possible because of a) the length of his contract... Or b) because we just signed him to a long term deal and would make us look bad if we got rid of another player on a long term contract... Or c) both

Unfortunately were probably stuck with him for at least a couple more years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad