Who should be the next head of the Flames?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Troy Ward was the Heat HC from 2010-2014. Huska was the Heat HC from 2014-2018. Geoff Ward has never coched the Heat.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Geoff Ward was an assistant in Boston and New Jersey before coming here, I believe. As well as stints coaching in Europe.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
From Geoff Ward (ice hockey) - Wikipedia
"Ward was a grade 5 elementary school teacher in Kitchener Ontario at Trillium public school"

So he is both a teacher at heart for development both based on his past life as a teacher and his many roles in the developing hockey systems. Plus he has strong experience in putting self entitled kids in their place or on time out if needed.

I'm liking him more and more as a ride it out and see option vs jumping the gun and hiring a knee jerk reaction replacement.

Reactions: Janks and Mobiandi

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The next head coach should be Lucic. They can pay him 5.25 per season over 5 years and give him some sweet assistants to insulate him.

He can sharpen skates and wax sticks. I actually like this idea. If Hossa can LTIR for a rash, we could probably work it somehow. Lucic must know he sucks and can't keep up. Honorable thing to do is retire. I wouldn't want to be out there letting my team down every game personally. At some point you just have to admit you suck now and had a good run.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I feel Looch has done just fine. Apart from scoring. The 3 line has been very good since they put them together and Looch has been a big part of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad